Our client is a fast-growing start-up Software Company who provide Marketing Resource Management Software and are positioned as a top tier Microsoft Partner (they have been selected as one of five companies by Microsoft to be a part of a Global Partner Expansion Program).
Their mission is to change the face of upstream marketing planning - through delivering an application (& solution framework) that reduces complexity and delivers more effective marketing for its customers.
Previously, our client had a Chief Marketing Officer based in Sydney. But, due to their global ambition - this role needs to now be located in the Northern Hemisphere (to ensure the brand and its associated marketing reflects the trends and requirements of its largest markets).
Within this remit, the CMO will:
- Be the brand champion, market voice and overall market creator.
- Define and drive a cohesive brand & marketing strategy across all products and services to meet current and future market needs.
- Continually analyse trends by region, customer segment, distribution channel, content source and product line to strengthen the brand and identify potential new market opportunities.
- Oversee the global execution of the brand strategy, to create initial leads and then turn them into prospect and finally with the help of the wider business advocates of the applications and services.
- Build and manage a team of global and regional marketing executors (both direct & indirect) to ensure the brand reflects the company's stated values and deliverables.
- Oversee the production of actionable reporting and analysis on a regular basis and ad hoc, as necessary, to develop business cases for market initiatives to drive even greater value for customers and partners.
- Work across multiple departments, including Product, R&D, IT, Partner Management, Sales, Customer Success, Solution Delivery and Finance to help execute marketing strategies that deliver on the brand promise.
- Other duties as agreed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree as a minimum.
- 10+ years relevant brand & marketing management experience in a software business (Software as a Service - SaaS, based would be ideal).
- Experience in Marketing Resource Management (MRM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), digital marketing, media and advertising platforms and services.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Track record of successful brand development, launch & management, including development and launch of SaaS offerings.
- Experience in managing a direct & indirect team of globally dispersed stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a state of change, high growth and process development.
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive on cross-functional collaboration, as this role must partner successfully with our international teams including Sales, Product, Development, Finance, and Commercials.
- Demonstrated people and time management skills to achieve performance goals.
- Ability to drive and influence stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person), including an ability to communicate at both a market, technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of stakeholders/audiences.
- Robust Marketing Planning, Automation and CRM experience & knowledge.
- Additional languages are a plus.
This role will involve share options as part of the package.