Operations Director - Electronic Security
Based at our clients Head Office in Nottingham the Operations Director role will lead, manage and develop the service and project activities of Security to ensure client satisfaction, drive best in class performance, support our growth aspirations, profitability and more importantly ensure that our Project and Service Teams deliver to our Customers Expectations.
This is a crucial role within our organization and will allow you to utilise and test your management, commercial and technical skills to the full, in support of our Business Strategy. As the Operations Director, you will be leading, supervising, and driving operational excellence and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will align and promote collaboration with the current Operations and Service Departments of the organisation, introducing clearly defined and well-communicated processes and accountability.
- You will also work closely with the FD and finance team to ensure timely conversion of My client project activity to revenue and promote efficient cash collection.
- You will be responsible for managing the Projects team to ensure the successful delivery of all contracts to clients to ensure that they are completed on time, to quality and within budget.
- You will be responsible for the Management of our Service Delivery Team, ensuring that we successfully deliver to our Clients KPI's, SLA's and other metrics.
- You will ultimately hold responsibility for a vast majority of subcontractor spend and will therefore be expected to identify efficiencies to be gained through careful selection and management of relevant parties in collaboration with the Procurement function.
- With a focus on our tender success and project delivery, you will identify and address areas where performance improvement is required to meet and exceed agreed KPIs with clients
- As a member of the Leadership Team you will ensure the company's, values and behaviours are reflected in everything we do.
- Manage and motivate the company's operational departments to achieve its objectives
- Manage and motivate a series of project teams including sub-contractors to achieve project objectives
- You will act as an ambassador to key clients, representing the company's delivery and support capabilities.
- You will ensure our operational and service skills are backed up with strong commercial knowledge of our contractual obligations and ensure our project related activities are profitable and contribute towards our objectives.
- You will collaborate across the wider group of companies to ensure knowledge sharing, best practice and use of in-house solutions.
- You will support the MD of the business in commercial decisions / deliberations and provide insightful feedback.
- Very strong operational, commercial and financial management skills (P&L experience essential).
- Well-structured, disciplined and organised.
- Gravitas - be able to lead a large internal organisation but also relate to senior client contacts. ? Strong team player - able to work in a highly collaborative manner.
- Strong communicator - internally and externally.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to see, understand and communicate the 'big picture'.
- Strong analytical skills - able to identify trends, manage against KPIs, milestones and communicate key messages in a succinct manner.
- Able to build on, and optimise, process workflow across the organisation. ? Excellent levels of written and spoken English.
- People focused - able to demonstrate empathy and respect towards others. ? A team player who involves and engages others to achieve results.
- Driven, focused and ambitious.
- Inclusive and collaborative.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers based on trust and openness.
- Performance and achievement driven - high level of energy, drive, determination and enthusiasm.
- Highly customer-focused to understand their needs and to help maximise competitive position.
- Education to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- An in depth understanding of the Electronic Security Systems market.
- Highly literate and numerate.
- High level of commercial acumen.
- Senior operational position within similar-sized organisation, ideally within the security industry.
- Solid experience of large project management/programme management planning, resourcing and achieving financial milestones.
- Experience of implementing change across an organisation, driving and communicating clearly through an empowered management team.
- Proven track record of development and coaching of first line management teams.
- Proven track record of identifying areas of profit improvement and implementing plans to strengthen business.
- Track record of working within a service or technology focused organisation, which thrives and profits from strong customer relationships.
- Experience of, or good appreciation of the market my client operates within.
If you feel that you would be a strong candidate for this great opportunity, please apply to be considered.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably, we can't always do this on every occasion due to high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within four weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84999395