CTO / Head of Engineering
CTO / Chief Technology Officer / Head of Engineering / Engineering Director
An innovative and high growth tech start up using cutting edge technology that provide an online marketplace that are currently significantly scaling their engineering team for global expansion are looking for a talented CTO to take on the leadership of this growing and talented team of Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity with an early stage start up with a highly successful and well backed management team behind them but with the financial security of an established business - so you get all the benefits of working in a startup environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worries.
About the role
You'll be responsible for providing the strategic leadership and developing high performance and best in class multi-disciplined teams across application development, operations and QA. You will be responsible for engendering a best practice and continuous improvement culture where adopting the latest tools and agile development approaches is the norm.
You'll lead one of the best development teams in the business and work closely with the founders and product team to build and operate an award-winning platform.
Overall technology strategy and architecture
- Recruiting, structuring, leading and managing teams including the development, operations and QA teams
- Responsible for day to day operating of the platform; monitoring, reporting on all metrics and ensuring all performance and uptime metrics are defined, agreed and maintained
- Project management and delivery of roadmap
- Disaster recovery and backup strategy
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience in a role that holds sole and ultimate responsibility for building and operating an online service with millions of users / large scale & high volume web platform
- Previous experience of working in an environment that has experienced growth and has scaled quickly
- Experience of LAMP stack
- Experience of web and mobile platforms
- Experience in QA
- Experience in AWS
- Experience in recruiting, leading and managing engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate across business about complex topics naturally to a business quality standard
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in similar sized organisation
Desirable Skills and experience
- Experience of Python
- Experience with big data and analytics
- Experience of AI and machine learning
- Experience with high volume e-mail deliverability
- Experience working closely with founders
It's a great time to join a successful business model, who have built out the necessary tools to scale. We're looking for hungry, smart individuals to take on huge areas of responsibility in the company and the potential to grow with the company as they expand internationally.
Our client have created a working environment that is collaborative, agile and passionate which results in everyone being an owner - no matter what their role.
- Everyone's an owner
- Everyone has equity and share in success.
- Flexible Working (Core hours are 11am to 4pm and total flexibility around this)
- Further benefits to be launched in January will include company Doctor, onsite chef and much more