Interim Head of Finance - Urgent - Apply Now
Interim Head of Finance - £550 per day (Inside IR35) - 3-6 month contract - Public Sector Organisation - South West
Are you an accomplished Head of Finance with a passion for getting things done and excited by the prospect of working for a world-leading organisation?
Our client, a leading Public Sector organisation in the South West of England is currently looking to hire an Interim Head of Finance for a period of 6 months.
The post holder will be head of the finance function and will be personally responsible for all the financial reporting and governance. The main focus of this interim placement is the delivery of the Annual report and Accounts and ensuring all financial governance is in place. The Head of Finance will also ensure that financial advice is provided to all levels of the organisation and will be responsible for providing financial advice to the top management team.
It is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- Must be a formally qualified accountant and fully conversant with latest accounting standards and best practice financial control techniques. Must have good numerical, analytical and interpretation skills. Good communication skills are essential especially when dealing with non-finance staff.
- Experience of producing Annual report and accounts is essential and the special requirements of the public-sector desirable. Sound project management skills are strong desirable qualities as is experience of integrated accounting and ERP systems such as SAP.
- Formal accounting qualification ideally Charted Accountant with at least 10 years post qualification experience.
- Good communicator especially of complex issues to non-finance managers
- Excellent planner and manager of time
Being SC cleared is an advantage, however the successful applicant will be put through the SC clearance during the contract if not already attained.
Submitted candidates must be British citizens, EEA nations, Commonwealth or Irish Republic citizens. Applicants must also have resided in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
Please call Lily Francis on for further information, apply via the link or use for prompt application of CVs.