Head of Business Analysis
- Senior Finance leadership role playing pivotal role in wider change programme.
- Drive key decision making in the Agency's Operational Transformation.
About Our Client
The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The agency, based in London, is made up of c.1,300 staff working across two main centres and peripatetically across the UK and abroad.
The Head of Business Analysis provides works closely with the Board, CEO and the Executive team in developing medium and long-term business plans, financial models, scenarios and forecasts which support strategic and policy decision-making. This broad role also leads and contributes to an effective performance management and governance process at the Agency by providing transparency to the current and forecast financial performance.
- Performance Reporting - Responsible for the provision of financial information and non-financial KPI's to the Board, the Executive team, Directors and other senior managers, including progress against key projects and programmes.
- Budgeting - Lead on preparation of the departmental and consolidated budgets for the Association within an agreed timetable. Proactively contribute to cost base reviews and scenario planning.
- Forecasting - Lead on the preparation of regular full year financial forecasts for the Agency as a whole, centres and divisions, giving advice to Directors on financially managing to achieve agreed budgets.
- Management Accounts - Produce high quality monthly management accounts for the Board, Corporate Executive Team and Divisions and add value through interpretation of variances and trends, proposing corrective action where necessary.
- Work closely with CET and divisions on ad hoc projects, adding finance input and insight and contributing towards achievement of the Agency's objectives.
- Deputise for the Deputy Director and within finance as necessary
The Successful Applicant
This role requires a driven qualified accountant, who is able to solve complex problems and extract information from available data to gain a detailed understanding of the analysis and make forward projections. The ability to look outside of the end-to-end process and identify opportunities for improvement is imperative to this role being a success.
- Professional qualification (CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) or equivalent
- Extensive ability in modelling and forecasting and delivering financial results
- Proven experience of delivering value added financial reporting that provides insight and supports decision making
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex financials to a range of stakeholders
- Solid financial accounting and business partnering experience gained in the public sector or an ability to settle in and learn quickly
- Confident user of Excel and PowerPoint including advanced functions
- Ability to lead and delegate
What's on Offer
Head of Business Analysis
Pay range: Grade 6 - £63,981 - £75,035
Key benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising by 1 day for each completed year of service to a maximum of 30
- Civil Service Pension Scheme
- London based
- Flexible working to ensure staff maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Interest-free season ticket loan or bike loan
- CoreCare - employee assistance services and access to the Civil Service Benevolent Fund
- Eligibility to join the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA)
- Variety of staff and civil service clubs
- On-going learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted rate with Benenden insurance
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
This vacancy will use the Civil Service Success Profiles as part of assesment of candidates at interview.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles. The Civil Service Code sets out the standard of behaviours expected of Civil Servants.
Please be aware that the selection and interviewing of applicants is the responsibility of the Recruiting Line Manager (RLM) and not Michael Page. Michael Page does not play any part in the selection and interview process itself.
Therefore, if you wish to discuss your feedback, or you are dissatisfied with your markings, you should in the first instance raise this with the Recruiting Line Manager of the vacancy.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received from MHRA, or believe that MHRA has failed to follow the recruitment process in line with the Civil Service Commission principles of selection for appointment on merit on the basis of Fair and Open competition, you can raise a formal complaint by writing directly to the respective organisation. Contact details: McGuigan, Andrew, 10 S Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 4PU
"Head of Business Analysis" "Public Sector and Government" "London"
Ref Code: MPFE13979262Z
Apply for Head of Business Analysis
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly