Interim Advanced Engineering Supply Chain FDI Investment Specialist
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the government department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and assists overseas companies to invest in the UK. Trade and investment are major pillars of the Government’s growth strategy and have never had a higher profile in Whitehall. We have a need for an Advanced Engineering Specialist with excellent business acumen at a senior level. Plant operation background and industry knowledge is desired. You must fully understand the manufacturing process and have a wide network and an excellent knowledge of the UK Sector.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide timely expert advice and support to prospective foreign investors
- Ideally be from a Supply Chain background such as ABB/BOSCH/SIEMANS
- Support our network of FDI Investment experts in the UK and overseas – on a peer to peer basis – including tactical overseas travel
- Expertly identify areas of potential for investment into the manufacturing sector by designing and producing material to map the opportunity and provide compelling propositions which might attract investors to the UK based on extensive knowledge in the area. This will be particularly support both our existing and future High Potential Opportunities work.
- Provide support of a technical nature to policy advisers for ministers and senior officials, particularly on the market opportunities and challenges for investors in this sector
- Role is focused mainly on boosting inward investment and involves talking to companies/exporters /groups re investment opportunities in the UK
Up to £500-day rate Inside IR35
4 days a week
Apply for Interim Advanced Engineering Supply Chain FDI Investment Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly