Head of Application Architecture
Reading, Berkshire, M4 Corridor, South East England, UK Competitive salary plus benefits
This is a senior leadership role defining the applications architecture to bring together BMI Group’s diverse, mission-critical, business systems. Enterprise Architecture is a new discipline to BMI group, so the Head of Applications Architecture will need to build our mapping capability and then devise and set the application strategy to rationalise our complex suite of applications including over 50 distinct ERP software packages worldwide.
BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World. We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab / Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Head of Application Architecture will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
- Define the ‘as is’ applications landscape across our federated business. Devise the overarching ‘to be’ future state for applications architecture, drive consolidation and simplification and improve data flow and visibility across the group.
- Develop manage and maintain the business capability mapping framework to build an accurate picture of the organisation, its processes and needs.
- Provide strong, clear commercially aligned architectural guidance to project, operational and 3rd party IT teams. Provide the Architectural framework and principles to ensure integrity across all systems and applications. Embed pragmatic standards and governance in applications delivery.
- With a breadth of business-facing applications architecture exposure, you will have a proven track record of leading the consolidation of disparate business systems landscapes preferably including exposure to Agile techniques and a range of ERP software including SAP
- An adept relationship builder with excellent engagement and influencing skills. You will be proactive and entrepreneurial by nature and able to seek out opportunities to improve or add value. You will combine tenacity and gravitas with a strategic approach and be adept at articulating applications architecture themes to IT & business stakeholders. You should be able to relate applications architecture activity to tangible commercial results.
- Able to demonstrate sound commercial understanding and a considered view of the wider technology & business systems landscape. You will be an energetic, outcome oriented leader able to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams and work with external partners to align application architecture and delivery.
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic, collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
To hear more about this exciting role, click "Apply".
For a more detailed discussion please contact Alex Richardson at our retained search consultants Berwick Partners on 0161 498 3409.