Head of Finance (No. 1 role)
Axon Moore is working exclusively with a privately owned, entrepreneurial, services business based in central Manchester who are seeking to appoint a highly commercial Head of Finance and No.1 in finance.
Operating in a competitive and evolving market place, the business is passionate about being a leading player in its target markets. Having successfully refocused the business over recent years into a highly respected and successful “niche” operation, and possessing a strong balance sheet, the business is well positioned for profitable growth. The Head of Finance will play a critical role in partnering with the management team to develop and execute the strategic plan for the business to deliver that growth.
- Ensure the business is supported by a first class and commercially integrated finance function able to provide robust, timely and incisive management information.
- Review and developing existing systems, controls, MI, cashflow and financial forecasting to ensure the business has the requisite platform for further sustained growth.
- Proactive review of business performance to help identify further opportunities for profit maximisation and improved efficiencies.
- Develop MI to analyse margin on existing client accounts, as well working with the management team on business development in a robust and analytical manner, including bids and tenders.
- Lead and develop a small but highly capable finance team.
- Robust management of costs and working capital.
- Effectively handle relationships with key stakeholders including banks, accountants, key suppliers (IT), and regulators.
- Carrying out due diligence on acquiring other businesses and raising finance for future development.
The successful candidate will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Culturally aligned to a high performing, people orientated business, so outstanding communication and relationship management skills are essential
- Commercially astute and able make a material contribution as a business partner within the management team
- Able to bring an intelligent and innovative approach to how finance operates in the business and helps drive performance
- Entrepreneurial in their outlook, proactively identifying opportunities and proposing solutions
Whilst this is a leadership role, given the small and collegiate team, a “hands on” and flexible approach will be necessary to deliver results. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to make a material contribution to growth with finance at the heart of business-critical decision making.
Apply for Head of Finance (No. 1 role)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly