Head of Service - MASH and First Response
We are looking for someone to take on the strategic leadership, service development and effective management of Statutory and Regulatory Children's Social Care Services as the new Head of Service for MASH and First Response.
You will also be involved in provision of high quality services, ensuring performance management and review mechanisms are in place to monitor progress and achievement of service objectives and goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the service in achieving the highest standards of practice in work with vulnerable children, young people and their families, ensuring that at all times, children they are at the heart of service provision and developments.
- Ensure that timely and effective statutory processes are in place where there is a concern about a child or young person who may have suffered or is likely to suffer significant harm.
- Ensure successful partnership and multi agency working across the service and undertake the lead on a range of interagency work as required to ensure both development and sustainability of good service provision.
- Work with elected members, as required on policy and budget issues related to the service and issues as raised by Councillors including scrutiny and the production of papers for cabinet decision as required
- Development and operational responsibility for a number of functional themes within the team including Quality Assurance Processes, Risk Management Panels, work around ASYE and various practice issues.
- Develop staff and maximize their potential ensuring continuing professional development and training is effectively delivered through regular supervision (one-to-ones for non social work staff) and review, in accordance with the Council's policy; recorded on appropriate systems and a copy given to each member of staff.
- Carry out all responsibilities and duties with due regard to the Council's Equal Opportunities Employment Policy.
- Actively encourage service staff to gain user feedback on the quality of services delivered and use the information gathered to develop the quality of the service user experience.
- Ensure that personal and professional development opportunities are taken and achieved, where appropriate, in line with performance objectives, mandatory training, career pathways and individual opportunities identified with Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Social Work Qualification (Masters in Social Work BA/BSc, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW).
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council Standards (HCPC).
- Management qualification or Post Graduate diploma in related field or equivalent.
- Comprehension of Children Act 1989 and 2004 and the impact on service delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of policies, statutory regulations and guidance relating to safeguarding and child protection.
- Knowledge of the underlying causes of vulnerability and aspects of effective safeguarding of vulnerable children and their families.
- A current valid UK driving licence and use of a car for work purposes.
If you feel this would be a suited role for you, please respond to this advert as soon as possible by either sending your CV to Sydney.Taylor@attenti-consulting.co.uk or telephoning 0203 857 8550.