Chief Information Officer
2 days left
Chief Information Officer
£130,000 & Benefits
This is a very broad ranging and exciting opportunity for a business led, customer focused and socially driven CIO to join the UK’s largest debt charity at a critical point of growth and service transformation. This is an opportunity to give something back to society by joining one of the fastest growing and largest charities in the UK. StepChange are looking for a progressive leader of commercially aligned IT & digital delivery, the CIO will champion a programme of IT enabled business transformation. However, the role is much broader than traditional IT. The successful candidate will have responsibility for Business Intelligence, Information Security and charity wide technological innovation.
Motivated by successful delivery, not measured by profit but by the number of people we help, the CIO will drive an agenda of service improvement within IT and the charity at large. The programme will substantially shape and deliver services that make a difference to colleagues and clients alike. Reporting to the CEO, the CIO will have full ownership across the delivery of the clear vision and 4 year strategy.
Moving into our 26th year, we have a history of providing sector leading debt management and advice, this charity is actively seeking to support over a million people in overcoming debt problems in the next 4 years. Through expert, tailored advice, practical solutions & online tools they help thousands of clients keep on top of their finances, and repay debt every week. StepChange is unique in that it offers advice and also guides clients through full solutions, so travel with clients on their journey to becoming debt free, often for many years. As a payment intermediary we have in the region of £5 billion of distressed debt under active management and, as such, are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the senior management team of a progressive organisation which actively embraces the creative use of IT & digital delivery to drive organisational transformation and help improve lives, every day.
- A key member of the Executive Team, the CIO will be an advocate for change and innovation. The CIO will bring energy, drive and creativity in exploiting technology and process improvement for the benefit of the charity and clients alike.
- As a hands-on senior change leader, the CIO will lead the operational delivery and evolution of the key systems, processes and strategies, as well as delivering scalable & robust digital organisational solutions and services for clients.
- With full ownership of IT, Business Intelligence, Information Security and Technological Innovation, you will deliver the transformation of the IT estate, driving the use of data and information to improve decision making, outcomes for clients, and greater organisational value.
- You will be at a stage in your career where you want to take all of the experience you have gained to date and now want to put it to use to make a positive difference to society on a nationally relevant scale. This genuine desire to jump out of bed every day to help clients in need is a fundamental requirement of the role.
- As a proven business facing CIO you will have highly developed interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships across the organisation. The ability to inspire, mentor, develop and drive your team to improved performance is critical to success.
- First-rate stakeholder engagement skills, accustomed to operating in a highly visible, regulated environment subject to public scrutiny. You will be adept at influencing, managing and working across the organisation in the support of business change, process innovation and new innovative IT service delivery.
- A solid technical pedigree, and client focused mind-set, you will support the successful evolution and delivery of key organisational systems, as well as online & digital services clients. The ability to inspire, develop and drive cross organisational teams to deliver IT enabled transformation in support of growth is critical.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/69649
Closing date for applications: 8th February 2019