Head of Legal Services
Head of Legal Services
£500 / day pay (umbrella)
6 months contract
My Local Government Client is looking for a Head of Legal Service to shape and deliver service plans that support the delivery of their strategy.
Acting as the Council lead for the professional functions within their portfolio, they will provide leadership to staff and work with partners, colleagues and senior managers to ensure delivery of all aims and objectives, taking overall responsibility for Legal Services to both internal and external customers.
Leading the Legal Service on a day to day basis and developing the strategic positioning of the Service so that it can be relied upon to provide efficient and effective legal advice for all areas of the Council and actively contributing to the delivery of the Council's objectives.
Skills & experience
- Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent, and evidence of continuous professional development
- Evidence of leadership of a relevant function or portfolio of functions at senior management level, within a local authority or other organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Evident ability to work across organisational and professional boundaries, to make a contribution to the establishment of the desired organisational culture and to challenge inappropriate behaviour
- A proven track record of successful change management, implementing and delivering new working policies and practices alongside significant cultural and structural change that deliver improved services for customers in a more efficient way
- Track record of building effective teams and leading multi-disciplinary professional staff to achieve organisational aims and objectives
- A successful track record of establishing and sustaining a performance management culture, supported by effective and efficient management information systems
- Proven experience of successful financial management including budget formulation, financial planning, monitoring and control, within tight financial limits in a complex organisation
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent and evidence of commitment to continuous professional development
- Up to date knowledge of local government legislative framework and administrative law
- Practical experience of democratic decision-making processes
Additional Experience -
Degree level or equivalent qualification and relevant professional qualification and/or membership of a relevant professional body (Solicitor or Barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives) with significant post qualification experience, or equivalence through very significant legal experience
If this role is of interest to yourself, please send you most up to date CV or contact for any further information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84801972