Finance Director & Company Secretary
Job Title: Finance Director & Company Secretary
Location: The City of London
Salary: £90,000 - £120,000 plus benefits.
Our client is a well-established insurance broker based in the City. The company has been trading successfully in London for more than 20 years. The company is part of a larger group of companies, with offices globally and a 70 year history. With new and exciting expansion projects planned, the company is now looking for an experienced Finance Director and Company Secretary.
The person will play a crucial role in the company, reporting directly to both, the CEO and the Board. You will be responsible for line managing four people (three Accountants and one HR & Compliance Officer) and you will work closely with a Non-Executive Director.
As part of your role you will:
- Present information to the Board and acts as Company Secretary
- Ensure the expenditure of the office is within the audited annual budget of the company
- Assemble information and prepare the MI pack, takes minutes and distribute them
- Monitor and manage the principal risks of the Company
- Be responsible to the Board on Risk Management and Compliance matters
- Be ultimately responsible for all HR matters of the company
- Manage and control all Financial matters of the company
- Produce and revise the company's budget and reports
- Be the senior manager for external and internal Compliance issues
- Manage and supervise all office management renewals and PI renewals for the office staff
- Ensure that all Board requests are handled and presented in a timely manner
- Act as Chief Risk Officer
In order to be considered for this role, you must have:
- Between 7 and 10 (+) years' experience, in senior finance roles; insurance background is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Impeccable presentation and communication skills - the Board is made up of very influential and vastly experienced people within the Lloyd's market, therefore you must be able to communicate, at all levels, presenting financial information clearly, precisely and with confidence.
- Solid financial knowledge and auditing experience.
- Italian language skills are desirable but not compulsory for this role.
Please apply, ASAP, if you think you are the right candidate and are currently looking to join a well-established brand, with an excellent reputation in the insurance industry.