4 days left
Contracts Manager post for a Privately owned developer in Coleshill.
Real chance to make the job your own: growing a new region and developing your personal career at the same time.
Our client is a highly successful privately owned house builder who are setting up a new region across the West Midlands.
Looking to grow and build on their key strengths of building beautiful, high quality homes they have ambitious build plans for 2019 and forward order books.
Having embraced new and pioneering business strategies, our client keeps their values and beliefs at the centre of what they do.
Our client has already completed on a number of high-margin and high quality building projects and are currently exploring new developments in the West Midlands, Staffordshire and South Midlands.
As a Contract Manager, you will be responsible for running multiple residential building development sites and contracts within the West Midlands and Staffordshire areas. With between 2-4 live contracts at any one time, you will report into the office based Regional Managing Director, and be supported by Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Design and office based support.
This position will play a key role for the growth of the new region, and as such there will be strong opportunity to progress within the next 18 - 24 months.
Essential professional and personal qualities are:
- To be a positive and inspirational leader who actively engages with his workforce to enhance the productivity of the project
- Leading a package of works, with a fully integrated and dynamic relationship between design, construction and commercial activities
- Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project
- To fully understand design / procurement / construction / completion planning, programming and progress reporting
- To report openly and honestly at all times, acknowledging problems, analysing and providing seeking solutions
- Liaising with clients, professional staff including sub-contractors and the general public
- Supervising Project Managers, Site Managers, contractors and internal staff on a daily basis
- Meeting with Project Managers and Site Managers where appropriate
- Managing and ensuring the Health & Safety of the entire site and project
- Maintaining quality & safety control procedures
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Motivating and driving the workforce in a productive and time effective manner
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Have current experience as Contracts Manager or Senior managing multiple contracts
- Have experience working within house building for a leading and National house build developer
- Have a strong track record in delivering 50 + unit projects
- Have excellent customer and business communication skills
- Experience managing Project Managers and Senior Site Managers
- Have significant experience of managing medium to large development, along with experience in the management of Health & Safety, and the design and procurement processes
- You will have strong experience of working closely with customers offering excellent customer care while representing the brand and be familiar with the requirements of the NHBC.
- Willing to be commutable to the Midlands and travel between projects
- £65,000 - £75,000
- Car or allowance
- Health care
- Professional Development