CFO/COO - Global Conservation Animal Charity
4 days left
The not-for-profit organisation has grown organically and now has partnerships in over 100 countries sharing and implementing global conservation strategies. The charity has a strong budget and global government support enabling it to implement initiatives, such as protection, conservation and biodiversity.
The partnership has a fantastic community of dedicated scientists, donors and business partners and has evolved to achieve a global impact with its initiatives. However, the financial and operational infrastructure is dated and for this reason the organisation is looking for a CFO/COO. Reporting directly into the CEO, a key objective is to transform finance into an agile, business partnering global service as well as to develop HR, IT and Legal & Risk, for which the role will have responsibility for.
Further responsibilities of the CFO/COO will include;
- Global coordination and transformation of core systems, processes and operations that support the delivery of strategic goals and the business plan with Global and Regional Directors.
- Provide support and guidance to the Head of Finance and the finance team to develop insightful and regular management information across the organisation.
- Prepare the annual operational budget and 3-year plan, in collaboration with the CEO
- Take the lead in the monitoring of the annual budget and the provision of regular finance reports to the CEO, management team, cost centre managers, finance committee and global council.
- Lead a global ERP and improve other processes and systems to create a collaborative, agile environment
- Work with the partnership to utilise funds across all locations.
- Provide financial advice to project development staff in the preparation of project budgets and proposals, to increase effectiveness of fund-raising efforts.
- Provide support and leadership to the Head of HR to ensure human resources are managed effectively across the organisation and to drive cultural change
- Provide support and leadership to the IT Manager to ensure appropriate technology systems, strategies and infrastructure are in place to support the operational needs of the organisation.
- Responsible for effective implementation and optimisation of all operational and administrative aspects of the organisation, in line with the mission, values and strategy of the charity
- Act as Company Secretary, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
- Support and guide the Director of Partnerships in providing guidance to the Partnership in relation to financial Management, effective operations and good governance.
As the successful CFO/COO you will ideally have experience from both commercial and not-for-profit global environments. You will be able to lead a finance and operational transformation, restructure and drive cultural change in a traditional but evolving environment. You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who has managed and developed global teams and someone who would like to contribute to the world's environment and sustainability for the future.
Apply for CFO/COO - Global Conservation Animal Charity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly