Group Financial Accountant
1 day left
This is a demanding role. The business are looking for a dynamic individual. Someone who will see this as an opportunity to put their energy into improving our existing systems and processes, thus consistently providing timely, high quality management and statutory information.
- Reporting to the Finance & Business Support Director, the Group Financial Accountant will work directly on key projects and have ownership of the Working Capital Management team, and will be a key member of an 8 strong Finance Team.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring (either directly or in liaison with other people) the accuracy of all aspects of accounts processing, and the Nominal Ledger, including all Balance Sheet reconciliations - accruals, prepayments VAT control, PAYE control and investments
- Preparation of Group Consolidated Statutory Accounts and subsidiaries under IFRS and under UK GAAP
- Monitoring the Group's Cashflow and providing appropriate recommendations regarding efficient Treasury management
- Maintaining the excel model for the Group 5-year Business Plan and Cash Flow forecasting
- Preparation of figures and tables for the Monthly Finance Report and other reports as appropriate
- Provide support in the forecasting, budgeting and business planning process
- Manage the annual audit fieldwork process, liaising internally with the Operational FDs, the Management Accountants and externally with the auditors.
- Preparation and filing of the annual Tax Computations, including Group Relief calculations, preparation of quarterly payment on account calculations; liaising with external tax advisors
- Provide advice and recommendations regarding treatment of new revenue/cost streams in line with accounting and tax developments/requirements
- Other ad hoc projects
Person specification Key competencies:
- Qualified Accountant (preferably ACA) with experience of UK GAAP and IFRS, strong technical skills
- Experience of accounting for Joint Ventures
- Able to prepare multiple consolidations
- Multi-site accounting experience is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Efficient and effective
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable to the requirements of the business
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research ad hoc issues and make recommendations
- Willingness to engage with the business requiring travel to various sites.
- Good experience/knowledge of Accounting Software packages - Great Plains specifically would be useful
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, other MS Office and the Internet
- Resilient and calm under pressure - used to working to tight deadline
- Customer focused - internal and external
- Aptitude for learning / developing new systems
This is a demanding role. We are looking for a dynamic individual, someone who will see this as an opportunity to put their energy into improving our existing systems and processes, thus consistently providing timely, high quality management and statutory information.
Apply for Group Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly