What it's all about...
We are Austin Fraser, an award-winning, international recruitment consultancy specialising in the Digital Technology and Life Science industries globally. Founded in 2007, we have thriving offices in Reading, Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Austin, Dallas and Denver and an impressive track record of profitable growth.
Our success is founded on hiring talented people who love what they do and letting them pursue their career goals in a supportive, fun and inspiring work environment. We are enormously proud of Austin Fraser's people and culture and have been recognised in the Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For awards for the last 7 years running.
Austin Fraser is growing rapidly and we are now recruiting for a Group Financial Controller to join our Reading finance team. This role will report to the Head of Finance based in Reading. Austin Fraser is a fast paced business with demanding leaders and continually changing priorities so you'll support and help problem solve situations with Sales and Operations leaders across the business worldwide.
What you'll be doing
- Maintenance and control all of the Company's accounting requirements to ensure cost effective management control, supervision of all ledgers and compliance with statutory requirements
- Own the monthly close and group company consolidation process every month, including inter-company balances, ensuring the financial position of each legal entity is accurate
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly financial accounts and reports for the Board and management team, responding to and supporting ad hoc queries
- Analysis and preparation of annual audit schedules and reports together with specific analysis and reporting as and when required or directed
- Management and control of all cash and bank accounts supported by daily analysis reports and including control of all authorised Company credit cards
- Management and control of general overhead expenditure
- Responsible for all areas of tax management, including overseeing VAT and PAYE returns
- Continuous improvement of financial controls and processes
- Lead or contribute to projects as required, representing the requirements of the wider Finance Team
- Managing, mentoring and developing the financial accounting team, ensuring high standards of accuracy and control are always maintained
- Liaison with overseas accounting support functions (outsourced currently)
- Assisting the recruitment and development of in-house finance support in Germany and USA, and ongoing line management thereafter
Who you'll work with
- Head of Finance and head office Finance Team based in Reading
- USA and Germany outsourced finance, payroll and tax support
- Group CFO and Board of Directors
- Sales Managers & Sales Directors in all offices
- Central Service Department Heads
You'll need this experience
- Experience of managing, supporting and developing a small finance team or experience of managing junior staff as part of a bigger team
- Demonstrable experience of working within a structured environment.
- Experience of accounts preparation and consolidations
- Sage experience helpful but not required
You'll have these skills and attributes...
- Technical ability - ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with a good level of post-qualification experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to produce credible and reliable data, presented professionally
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders across the business - willing to pick up the phone or walk to another's desk when appropriate rather than sit behind email
- Organised and effective, ability to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines without compromising accuracy
- Willingness to coach and motivate your team, and to keep them informed
- Willing to challenge status quo, curious, innovative, creative, continuous improvement mindset
- Self motivated and pro-active
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult circumstances
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sound commercial judgment
- Confident with an outgoing personality
- Team player
On top of that, you'll be someone who...
- Is a natural relationship builder, establish trust and respect
- Gets stuck in, hands-on and "sleeves-rolled-up"
- Can solve problems and resolve issues quickly and objectively, doing what's right for the business
- Is willing to come to people for advice at the start of a process and keep updated throughout
- Is able to identify opportunities and trends and take ownership for what we should be doing to minimise business risk and maximise business performance.
- Is curious about how the business works and wants to expand knowledge of the business generally to feel truly connected with it
- Has high personal standards and demonstrates unshakable integrity in all their professional dealings and interactions
And of course you'll demonstrate our core values in everything you do...
- Earn it
- Own It
- Love it
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.