Software Engineering Team Lead - VP ??95k-??105k
Our leading financial services client is seeking a talented leader, with experience in digital transformation, CI/CD/Scrum/agile methodologies and a passion for innovation and delivery excellence.
This is a great opportunity to head up a newly formed Scrum Team of 5-8 as they embark on the in-house build of a greenfield Enterprise Data Platform, using the very latest technologies. ALL OO backgrounds considered Rather than seeking a specific technology background the emphasis here is much more on knowing what good looks like and leading from the front in terms of architectural decisions and the day-to-day management of small-medium sized teams of Back End OO Developers and Data Engineers. That said, it is likely that the successful applicant will bring several years' experience with at least one of the major RDBMS along with C++/Java/.Net or similar. Also appraisals and objective setting is a must.
Role & Responsibilities:-
This individual will report into the SVP of Digital and Technology for the Investor Business and will:
- Establish and execute product roadmaps for critical business/growth priorities for Valuations, Asset Services, Accounting Services, Marketing and Research products across all of EMEA.
- Lead the delivery of new and custom developed products, by closely partnering with other regions and Development Centers (including Spain)
- Lead and continue to grow a high-impact Technical Product Management and associated engineering teams - experienced in agile product development and software engineering best practices (ie DevOps (CI/CD) automation, test automation, etc.).
- Work with the business to identify areas where technology innovation can generate substantial upside; test and scale-up innovation.
- Help prioritize and drive critical initiatives to transform EMEA Investor Business segments.
- Collaborate with LoB leaders and other Digital & Technology leaders globally.
- Establish governance and a culture of transparent performance management.
Across all priorities, a key driver of success will be a good people person who brings the ability to not only effectively manage the development effort, but also senior stakeholders across the whole of the EMEA region, achieve consensus using fact-based analysis and drive disciplined execution.
Qualifications & Required Experience:-
Seasoned product and technology executive.
Experienced in leading a digital transformation; experience with successful technology product development and delivery;
Passion for technology, products, UX and innovation; Experience in implementing modern product development practices (agile, design thinking).
Relish working with small high-impact teams; ambitious and results oriented - sets a high bar and leads with example; ability to set a transformative agenda and drive practical execution; ability to operate at senior levels.
Seasoned Digital leader, experience in partnering with multiple business partners and work with geographically distributed development centers.
Bachelor's degree is required; more advanced degree and/or MBA is a plus.