Head of IT and Change Risk (Banking)
Head of IT and Change Risk (Banking)
£800 - £1000 per day
To Lead IT Risk Management activities across Bank IT.
Provide guidance and governance to ensure that IT and Change operates in line with the Bank risk management framework and that required treatments to mitigate risk are identified, align to Board approved appetite for risk and are monitored through to completion.
- Ensure that issues highlighted through assurance activities are mitigated to the agreed residual risk position
CONTROL (RISKS, FINANCIALS AND PROCESSES)
- Understand the Bank's risk management framework, how it applies to your role and ensure you follow the appropriate policy and procedures and that risks are managed and controlled (Mandatory accountability).
- Ensure compliance with external requirements including legal, contractual and regulatory requirements, that due diligence reviews are undertaken with key suppliers of the Bank in respect of Information Security, and that within the governance framework all aspects of operational risk, regulatory compliance, contingency, business continuity and disaster recovery are managed effectively, and that risks are managed and controlled across Bank IT.
- Responsible for compliance with risk policy within their functional area.
- Responsible for the identification and management of risks and controls in their functions area in line with risk appetite and policy and for providing periodic certifications to this effect as required.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely production of MI used for the identification and monitoring of risks and controls in their functional areas.
- Define risk and audit performance measures and lead the team to ensure these are met across the Bank IT department. These will be required in the areas of operational loss, audit, risk, event metrics, and control area metrics.
- Designs and drives the strategic direction of the Bank's IT Risk resources in line with the business strategy, ensuring IT is driving the Bank forward.
- Leads, motivates and develops the Bank's IT Risk function to ensure an effective working
- Proven experience of relevant IT security technologies processes and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of IT and risk technologies, processes and frameworks
- Expertise in directing programme delivery
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment in the finance industry
- Experience of working directly with Executive and Director Level stakeholders and ability to build, lead and develop high performing teams
- Understanding of emerging trends, developments and current issues facing the UK retail financial services industry
- Good understanding of the Bank's products, business operations and strategic direction.
- Qualified to degree level, ideally with post-degree professional qualification, and/or relevant industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM) and/or industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- In depth knowledge of UK financial services industry, competitor activity, market developments and emerging market trends
- In-depth knowledge and experience of technologies and developments in the areas of cyber security, IT and risk management
- Ability to represent the Bank with a wide variety of external parties including all relevant regulatory bodies
- Experience of operating at a senior management level plus a proven ability to think strategically and transform strategy into delivery
- Ability to shape a high performing management team, build capability and drive change, leverages diversity across teams, functions and cultures
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations with an emphasis on vendor management
- Excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills, able to present effectively to a variety of audiences including at senior management, Executive and Board level
- Excellent networking skills with a proven track record and experience of building strong external networks across the industry and with professional suppliers
- Strong focus on demonstrating and measuring return on investment and alignment with strategic business needs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84733852