Head of Cloud Migration & Transformation
Job Title: Head of Cloud Migration & Transformation
Job ID: 11138
Job Type: Permanent
One of the UKs leading providers of IT Software, Cloud and Business services are currently recruiting a Head of Cloud Migration & Transformation. This is a crucial role within the organisation and will work closely with the Cloud Partner to lead the experienced and talented Cloud Transformation Team which safely and effectively transforms and migrated their client's legacy ICT platforms and workloads onto hybrid, multi-cloud infrastructure and platform services.
The Cloud Transformation Team is growing and covers several disciplines including architecture, engineering, business analysis as well as project and programme management. The Cloud Transformation Lead will hold line manager responsibility for the team and own the development of best practice processes and procedures within the team.
The successful candidate will be able to engage with senior client stakeholders, present migration approaches and be able to write proposals and technical documents to a high standard. They will be passionate about ongoing training and development of their team, encouraging learning and mentoring and the wider organisation. The role holder will also enable and support the ongoing iteration of the Cloud Development Programme, a structured training programme that provides an environment for team members to develop and embed their cloud management skills.
The holder of this role will be required to work with the operational management team to forecast resource requirements and recruit to support. They will also manage the team budget and ensure that team utilisation is maintained whilst minimising bench time. Empowered to bring new approaches and innovative solutions to bear the successful candidate will be pivotal in enabling the ongoing success of the company and will be expected to develop mutually supportive relationships with other leaders within the business, including our Consulting, Office 365 and SharePoint, RPA, AI and CxM teams.
As the Cloud Transformation Lead you will play a critical role on the journey to become the leading cloud transformation partner for UK Public Sector organisations. You will be experienced in leading a team of ICT architects, engineers and project managers within a professional services organisation, establishing, reviewing and improving best practice methods and procedures for the team.
Whilst we need you to have experience managing teams of highly capable ICT staff, cloud migration experience to either Azure or AWS is essential. You will have:
- Familiarity with standard application architectures
- Experience of leading the migration and deployment of virtualised ICT infrastructure and applications
- Proven experience of team leadership and embedding policy and process.
- A self-starting approach with the ability to motivate and inspire your team
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner to peers and a senior audience
- Ability to clearly articulate and represent your teams' approach and capabilities through presentations, workshops and solution architecture documents
- An ability to constructively review and critique programme outputs and deliverables
- A broad understanding and familiarity with general purpose Application, Data, Infrastructure, Integration, Security and Web Architectures
If this sounds like a good match, then please get in touch ASAP as interviews are taking place immediately.