12 month Interim Finance Manager
12 Month temporary contract for a Qualified Finance Manager to join this prestigious Pharmaceutical organisation based in central Cambridge.
This fantastic opportunity offers a 12 months day rate contract to be based on site in Cambridge and be part of a dynamnic and driven organisation at the pinacle of pharmaceutical development.
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager to support the Director of Business Operations in managing and overseeing the financials of two joint ventures companies. The Director of Business Operations is accountable to the joint boards for the financials and financial operations for both joint ventures. The finance manager will be responsible for the day to day financial transactions, planning, reporting and analysis activities.
- Providing and interpreting financial information and managing the Joint Ventures' financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Monitoring, interpreting cash flows as well as cashflow forecasts
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Liaising with auditors on the annual audit and preparation of the stats accounts
- Business partner program lead and functional leads on monitoring and tracking of spend.
- Monthly management accounts: producing accurate management reports to specific deadlines and analyse performance compared to the business plan/quarterly forecast.
- Quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Liaise external auditors, treasury team, outsourced Genpact team (Record to Report team, Cash & Bank, Master Data Management) etc
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager preferably in the pharma industry in a large pharma company or a small to medium biotech.
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Proficient user of finance software like SAP and expert user in excel in manipulating large volume of data.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead stakeholders and junior colleagues to ensure appropriate financial processes are being adhered to.
- A solid understanding of financial and management accounting principles
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Qualified accountant either with CIMA, ACCA
- Preferably BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics