Investment Banking Associate
About the Company
BDA Partners (“BDA”) is the global investment banking advisor for Asia. We are a premium provider of Asia-related advice to sophisticated clients globally, with over 20 years’ experience advising on cross-border M&A, capital raising, and financial restructuring.
We provide global reach with our teams in New York and London, and true regional depth through our seven Asian offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore and Mumbai.
BDA has deep expertise in the Chemicals, Consumer & Retail, Health, Industrials, Services and Technology sectors. We work relentlessly to earn our clients’ trust by delivering insightful advice and outstanding outcomes.
Role of the Associate
BDA Partners is seeking a highly motivated Associate for its London office. BDA provides an excellent opportunity to gain an expansive breadth of hands-on experience across sectors focusing on M&A (sell-side and buyside) and capital raising.
The prospective candidate will provide project management and execution support on complex transactions and prepare presentation materials to communicate key messages to clients and counterparties. Specific duties will include assistance in the preparation of financial models, valuation analysis, marketing documentation and research.
As well as having a deep understanding of valuation and broad finance, Associates should be able to identify and vet potential buyers from pitch materials and support sector teams in developing various client ready materials.
Successful candidates will support deal teams with a wide variety of tasks around our M&A advisory mandates. In particular, an Associate’s work will typically cover the following:
- Work with clients and participate in the execution of cross-border M&A transactions Provide support to senior investment banking professionals to develop marketing leads and ideas to generate new business Define and prepare financial and technical analysis for various M&A engagements covering both public and private companies, including buyside, sell-side, corporate carve-outs, and cross-border M&A situations Assisting senior bankers in process management, e.g. due diligence Support negotiations and preparation of key transaction documents including confidentiality agreements, merger agreements, sale leaseback agreements, asset purchase agreements, other ancillary documents and deal marketing materials Conduct due diligence and assess seller’s and target’s business plans, growth prospects and financial performance Perform valuation analysis and apply diverse methodologies, including comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buyout analysis, and discounted cash flow analysis Attend and actively participate in meetings with client’s senior team members A wide variety of other tasks to support the diverse activities of M&A advisory.
Essential (‘Core’) Competencies:
- Professional proficiency in English and Vietnamese required, additional foreign languages a plus
- UK residency or Tier 2 visa or work permit required
- Strong quantitative and accounting skills – Having a deep understanding of valuation and broad finance and should be able to guide and challenge juniors in financial modeling
- Minimum three years’ experience working on deals through the entire execution phase. Experience working on cross-border mandates welcomed
- Strong client management skills – ability to earn the trust and respect of client teams such that clients contact him/her first for daily tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethic, a “team player,” organized and high level of attention to detail
- Strong leadership mindset – able to facilitate more effective delivery by working with junior team to improve performance
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter and a CV by clicking "Apply".
The closing date for job applications for this position is the 5th of February 2019.
All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes. Unfortunately, given the number of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for Investment Banking Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly