Group Financial Controller
Eddie Stobart Logistics PLC is a leading supply chain, transport and logistics business services provider generating revenues of circa £600m. Listed on AIM Eddie Stobart Logistics operates across a broad array of core sectors including e-commerce, manufacturing, industrial and bulk, retail and consumer.
From its headquarters in Warrington, the business operates c.2,500 vehicles, c.4,000 trailers and 26 distribution centres throughout the UK and Europe. Through acquisition Eddie Stobart Logistics’ network and scale has grown, further adding to a full range of services offered to customers across the whole end-to-end supply chain.
Eddie Stobart Logistics is looking to appoint a Group Financial Controller who will ensure the Group delivers high quality, PLC reporting to the city and investors. They will have the gravitas to deputise for the CFO, supporting investor relations and ensuring the business is credibly represented to all external regulatory bodies and external advisors.
- Develop the quality of external financial reporting appropriate to a PLC, inclusive of analysts’ presentations, annual and interim results, and other statutory obligations and shareholder information as requested
- Supporting the CFO with external communication to analysts, shareholders, brokers etc. as a credible representative of Eddie Stobart PLC. Providing financial and analytical support to the CFO and Board, inclusive of financial reporting, competitor and industry analysis.
- Supporting the CFO with acquisition activity, modelling potential targets, undertaking due diligence, managing advisors through the acquisition process and leading the post-acquisition integrations.
- Lead the Financial Accounting and Control team, whilst coaching and developing future talent and driving a culture of continuous improvement and a business focussed approach.
- A senior finance leader capable of shaping and leading a high performing group finance function befitting an ambitious, AIM listed PLC. This will be a candidate who is building their career toward CFO and has the credibility to represent finance at senior levels internally and externally including analysts, investors, regulatory authorities, the Board and committees
- A qualified finance professional with a deep understanding of quality financial reporting and planning required at a Group level and the ability to drive this information from business to Group.
- The people leadership skills to coach and develop finance into a high performing, business focussed team.
- Technically astute with the ability to resolve complex technical issues taking a proactive approach to analyse the issues and generate solutions. Technical experience will be underpinned by a finance qualification (ACA preferred).
For further information and details on how to apply, please click "Apply".
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Amy Parkinson on +44 161 498 3423.