Purchase to Pay Director
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges
Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) Dublin
Abbott Ireland support a number of Abbott’s European businesses and have recently set up a Finance SSC in Ireland to maximize the scope of services. You will be working as part of a dynamic and diverse organisation alongside outstanding people who are forward thinking, collaborative and recognized leaders in their areas. We can offer an excellent benefits package including a clear career development path. We invest in our people’s ongoing learning and professional development.
As a member of the shared services leadership team, direct and lead the establishment and growth of the regional shared service Purchase to Pay (PTP) operations. Direct the day to day PTP shared service operations for the region across captive and outsourced teams, ensuring effective and efficient service delivery with accurate and timely performance measurement and compliance support.
1. Migrate processes and services to the regional shared service organization, including:
- Plan migration of remaining activities to be migrated to regional captive shared service center, satellite center(s) or outsourced partner locations supporting the region
- Provide oversight for the transition of activities and escalation support throughout transition
- Establish and sustain the agreed performance measures, KPIs, and goal setting processes
- As operations mature, migrate additional activities to the outsource partner, while continuing to transition more complex activities into the regional captive shared service organization
It is assumed that additional processes and services will continue to migrate to shared services over time, as additional opportunities are identified, or acquisitions are integrated into the Abbott service delivery model.
2. Direct the day to day shared service PTP operations for the region across captive and outsourced teams, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of services and accurate and timely month end close and corporate reporting
- Serve as the senior escalation point to resolve PTP service delivery issues for the region and direct resolution of issues across retained, captive and outsourced teams
- Drive root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities to eliminate exceptions and deliver to committed service levels
- Coach direct reports and 3rd party service provider leads to address more complex issues/exceptions
- Manage the delivery of service by outsource partners in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
3. Partner with shared services leadership to sustain service operations and establish robust stakeholder management communications and feedback mechanisms to assure effective collaboration
- Serve on the Customer Council to build relationships and ensure finance operations are aligned with the business objectives
- Direct PTP service management activities to meet legal entity, division, regional, and corporate commitments
- Support the development of and sustain the Mutual Service Agreements (MSAs) with internal customer organizations
4. Promote understanding of approved process standards:
- Together with the CPO and the PTP Global Process Manager (GPM), support the design of the detailed PTP processes
- Participate in the PTP Process Council
- Drive the documentation and standardization of more complex processes to be transitioned to shared services
- Provide escalation support to the PTP GPM for process issues which require changes to current approved standards
- Sustain a close relationship with the CPO organization to deliver process excellence across the regional PTP operations
- Partner with IT in the execution of applicable PTP process harmonization and business systems specific to the region
5. Ensure integrity of internal controls, in partnership with the region Compliance and Control Manager
- Support statutory compliance and preparation for internal and external audits associated with PTP for the region
- Provide oversight and support for responses to and remediation of audit findings, as required
- Provide oversight to assure compliance with tax and fiscal requirements
6. Management of the PTP team to ensure resource and competency needs are aligned with current and future shared service organizational requirements. Annual reviews and competency based development plans
- Ensure PTP teams receive the requisite training and development to deliver effectively in their roles
- Ensure development of appropriate competencies and resource availability to meet the changing shared service operation’s needs.
The PTP Regional Director will direct the day to day shared service PTP operations across both captive and outsourced teams, with direct management of the captive PTP team. This individual will be responsible for building the PTP organization, including recruitment and selection of the PTP captive team, supporting design of the PTP processes with the GPM, and partnering with IT in the execution of applicable PTP process harmonization. In the longer term, this individual will serve on the Customer and Process Councils to build relationships and ensure finance operations are aligned with the business objectives.
- BS degree in Business, or Accounting or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in PTP arena including end to end Purchase to Pay processes (Sourcing and Procurement Buy Support, Accounts Payable, T&E, Vendor Enablement)
- Experience of project management and program implementation skills
- Multiple ERP landscape expertise required
- Experience managing 3rd party service providers/outsourcers
- Experience with e-Invoice and online Procurement solutions (e.g. Arriba) a plus
- Lean 6 sigma qualification
Language Skills: English required, other languages desirable