Health Safety & Environmental Manager
To ensure the safety of employees and other stakeholders by maintaining an effective Safety system that is aligned with safety legislation, Ametek standards and approved codes of practice.
Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing are proud to be supporting Fine Tubes Ltd with the appointment of a permanent Health Safety & Environmental Manager
This role is based in Plymouth at the Fine Tubes Ltd facility, Fine Tubes Limited was established in 1943. Fine Tubes Ltd is part of AMETEK's Speciality Metal Products Division.
Fine Tubes Ltd manufacture high quality precision metal tubes for demanding engineering applications in Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Nuclear and Power, Chemical Process, Medical and High Purity and High-Performance industries.
There are two tube manufacturing plants, Fine Tubes Limited of Plymouth, UK and Superior Tube Co. of PA, USA. Both are in the Electromechanical Group and in the Speciality Metal Products Division.
AMETEK's Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
This role has a critical impact in the performance of the whole site; Health, safety and environmental management is essential to ensure good operational performance.
Key impact areas are:
- The safety of our Employees and stakeholders.
- The health of our Employees and stakeholders.
- Operation impact on the Environment
As the successful candidate you will ensure the safety of employees and other stakeholders by maintaining an effective Safety system that is aligned with safety legislation, Ametek standards and approved codes of practice. You will communicate the expected safety standards to all employees and challenge those who fail to align.
Protect the health of Fine Tubes Ltd employees and other stakeholders by maintaining an effective system that monitors the impact of our operations on our employees. Identify potential areas for concern and implement working practices that eliminate the risk.
Ensure that an effective environmental management system is in place to ensure that manufacturing operations on the Plymouth site do not impact the environment.
Provide leadership for all Health, Safety and Environmental activities across the site. Communicate relevant information to employees and work to engage employees in the delivery of HSE processes. Work to continuously improve our performance and innovate new solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide the leadership to engage all employees in the safety strategy and develop a zero-incident culture
- Develop and implement a health, safety and environment strategy that achieves our objectives
- Maintain ISO 14001 and achieve ISO 18001 certification as an output of an excellent HSE systems and performance
- Perform Risk Assessments for new and existing processes and equipment determine/ implement risk reduction measures
- Assist line managers to investigate accidents & incidents in a timely manner and ensure any subsequent corrective actions are identified, valid, and implemented
- Organise the Health and Safety Committee and report on plant issues regularly
- Identify and deliver employee training needs in relation to health, safety and environment
- Participate in the operations management team
- Leading all safety training requirements to support operations, maintenance and laboratory
- You will have the drive and enthusiasm to be a champion for Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Develop a guiding vision for the structure and performance of the Health, Safety and Environmental which aligns with achieving and exceeding the goals and objectives of the site
The ideal candidate will have a proven background of leading Health Safety and Environmental strategies within a lean manufacturing and engineering environment. You will need a degree in a technical subject or significant Health, Safety and Environmental experience with a NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
This is a business critical role and offers an excellent platform for the successful candidate to lead and shape Fine Tubes Ltd's Health, Safety and Environmental strategy.