Head of Finance
A leading Lloyds Syndicate are currently undergoing a finance restructure. As part of this there is a requirement for contractor to come on board as a Head of Finance. It will initially be for 9 months with likelihood of extending out beyond that to at least 12.
Reporting directly into the CFO you will be overseeing a team of 10, you will be responsible for running the Finance function which includes financial, management, treasury and reporting. You will be ensuring submission of statutory, regulatory and tax reporting in accordance to relevant accounting standards.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing of management, committee and board reports
- Lead the implementation of the GL upgrade, streamline the consolidation and reporting process
- Oversee the production of business plans, forecasts and tracking of actual number providing commentary where required
- Developing the business' UK investment strategy and where necessary also the implementation
- Oversee the submission of Lloyd's and Solvency II reporting as well as UK/US GAAP financial statements
- Regular liaison with auditors including all tax related items
- Deputising for CFO when required
- Supervising and coaching of the team
This is an extremely lucrative opportunity for someone to make a real impact in a business. You will need to be a strong communicator with a background as a qualified accountant. It is essential that you have the ability to articulate with other departments and understand what is required to build strong internal and external relationships. You will need to be someone who has worked in a Senior Finance role from an Insurance background and it is essential to have prior experience working within a Lloyd's Syndicate with a strong understanding of both regulatory and finance requirements. Please apply for an immediate response.