- World leading organisation with an outstanding reputation in their field. Specialist environment with a great deal of pride and heritage. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor driving forward a new strategic growth plan.
- Alongside senior leadership colleagues, be a champion for this plan and act as a key leadership member smoothing the way for the senior team to work effectively together to maximise growth.
- The perfect time to join an organisation and add value – an opportunity to join a driven and ambitious but at the same time, hugely collaborative team.
- Headcount - c1000 employees with a significant team.
Significant functional leadership remit to ensure the provision of reliable, timely and relevant financial information delivered in the right way to the various stakeholder communities thus enabling the business to meet its commercial objectives. Alongside this, continue to align Finance to the business as a partner that adds commercial value. In line with this, working as an internal consultant and with external partners and industry during negotiations, structuring of Projects or JV’s.
- Reporting to the CFO, responsible for leading the financial reporting function and ensuring all controls are adhered to and the appropriate management information is provided to the business to enable informed decision making and delivery of strategy
- Lead and inspire the Finance, Tax reporting and Compliance teams to understand and deliver against the strategic plan
- Ensure compliance with appropriate internal and external governance
- Support continuous improvement to ensure efficient and effective operational delivery
- Overseeing the implementation of a new ERP system (Finance elements)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA /ACCA/CIMA) with a robust first degree
- Leadership experience gained in a complex, intellectually demanding organisation
- Technically robust with proven experience operating at a functional leadership level. Able to demonstrate a track record of leading a strategic agenda and supporting business growth
- Comfortable with change, transformation and evolving cultures
- ERP implementation experience
- Able to inspire, develop and motivate teams
- Gravitas and effective presentation skills
- Emotionally intelligent – intent on ensuring progress happens in the right way
- Collaborative and supportive style but able to challenge appropriately and have the debate but always with the right business outcome in mind