Senior Legal Advisor Data Protection
This Senior Legal Advisor role focused on data protection and seeks a qualified lawyer with well established technical legal skills in data protection, based in Luton with some opportunity to work flexibly. An opportunity to work for a very successful company with a well established brand.
This Senior Legal Advisor Role Data Protection is based in Luton and offered by a very successful, growing, international business which boasts a well recognised brand.
This Senior Legal Advisor Role Data Protection is based in Luton and involves:
Reporting to the Group Data Protection Officer, the Senior Data Protection Lawyer role will be to provide support on the Group Data Protection Programme, including providing legal advice to the business and its Affiliates on data protection matters.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer in managing the Group Data Protection Programme in accordance with its governance and accountability requirements outlined under law.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer in developing, maintaining and implementing a strategic approach to data protection in accordance with data protection law, other data-related laws and regulations, and relevant codes of practice.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Team in developing and delivering appropriate policies, standards, guidance, training and awareness activities which support the business in meeting their data protection obligations.
- Carrying out data protection monitoring and assurance activities, including partnering with the business to complete Data Protection Impact Assessments, 3rd party risk assurance processes and helping to maintain records of processing activities.
- Supporting the business and its Affiliates through the provision of legal advice on data protection matters, in particular in relation to complex issues.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Team in managing the Data Subject Rights Requests Process, as well as supporting on complex requests.
- Providing support to various stakeholder groups on data protection requirements relating to third party partners, including data protection clauses in contracts.
- Managing data protection incidents which may involve customer or employee personal data.
- Liaising with data protection Regulators, in particular the UK Information Commissioner, on data protection matters relating to the business.
- Maintaining awareness of upcoming data-related legislation, regulations and codes of practice and how they may impact the business.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer on data protection Projects.
This Senior Legal Advisor Role Data Protection is based in Luton and requires:
Key Skills Required:
- Highly commercial data protection lawyer, significant PQE (candidates with less experience whose skills meet with the technical skills required for the role will also be considered), with in-house experience of supporting a Data Protection Programme.
- Excellent technical legal skills in data protection
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual
- A problem-solver with a highly commercial approach
- Strong team player with a track record of establishing relationships. Must have the ability to establish trust amongst peers at a senior level within the Company
- Comfortable with operating within an informal and relaxed style in a lively open plan head office
- Time management skills are essential. This individual must be capable of handling multi-complex issues.
- Excellent academics
- Another European language would be useful
Competitive package, friendly, relaxed working environment