Revenue Accountant - EMEA Region
Our client is a leader in its field with around 7000 employees operating in more than 50 countries through a wholly owned network of 100 offices. The Group boasts an enviable list of Blue Chip clients and is renowned for the strength of its client relationships. The EMEA region consists of offices in over 20 cities across nearly as many countries and generates approximately 30% of Group revenue.
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic and highly motivated, Revenue Accountant to join the EMEA Finance Team. This is an excellent opportunity to work as a key member of this highly visible regional Finance team, in a growing and diversifying business. Based in London, this is a pan-EMEA role and will involve reviewing revenue across the region.
As a revenue specialist, the main objective of this role is to ensure revenue is complete and accurately reported in line with established policies, processes and statutory regulations. The team collaborates with other colleagues across the organisation in the review of revenue related items in client contracts and engagements.
Responsible for revenue, accounts receivables transactions and reporting including:
- Working with all lines of business to apply the established revenue treatments providing the day to day determination that sales bookings meet statutory requirements for revenue recognition
- Review engagements for the application of accurate revenue recognition principles and escalate when necessary
- Executes the processes that the evaluate accrued and deferred revenues, especially as part of period end close
- Evaluates and escalates revenue issues as identified through accounting staff, Order to Cash, FP&A or interaction across the region
- Lead monthly meetings with sales, consulting and/or project management to review engagements to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Approve credit memos after reviewing for impact to revenue and bad debt considerations
- Review change requests for engagements to ensure the impact to revenue remains correct
- Review various reports to verify accuracy of revenue for all revenue streams
- Partner with and provide consultation to sales, project management and the order to cash teams on revenue considerations in regard to client contracts/agreements, engagements, invoicing and credit memos
- Working with external and internal auditors during EMEA audits
- Participate in projects / initiatives as required
- Other ad hoc tasks
It is anticipated that the profile, skills and experience of the successful candidate will include:
- Qualified accountant with subsequent work experience
- Professional and confident manner
- Good communicator who is comfortable with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of revenue accounting standards and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions
- Excellent attention to detail, committed, bright, numerate and enthusiastic
- Team player with a good work ethic who thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline driven environment
- Experience with SAP/Business Objects (or other large enterprise wide accounting system), US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley would be helpful, but not essential
- Fluent in English, a second language would be beneficial
Interested parties should click "Apply", quoting reference LJ50048 for a confidential conversation.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/