Key Account Manager
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Key Account Manager will be expected to lead the strategy, business development and supply chain for their nominated accounts. Having already doubled in size in the past two years, the main account this role will manage is expected to grow further next year.
Our client is a provider of tools, work wear, signs and training. Their innovative, personalised and just-in-time approach to filling customer requirements has meant that they rarely lose any clients. Primarily they work with large and medium sized businesses and have several instantly recognisable brands on their slate. They are owner-operated and thus their decision making is fairly rapid. This allows them to be adaptable and dynamic in their approach. The head office is based in Hampshire.
As with many Key Account Manager roles, the actual job description changes frequently along with the specific needs of the client. There is an expectation to work internally and externally on strategy, marketing, business development and supply chain on a weekly basis. Some of the key responsibilities will be:-
- Being the lead point of contact on all of your nominated accounts
- Making sure the accounts are happy with the service they are receiving from you and the wider business
- Meeting regularly with senior stakeholders
- Accurately predict the ebbs and flows of the businesses and their needs
- Managing any bid and tender processes successfully
- Communicating with the internal teams to ensure there is nothing out of your control or knowledge
- Patiently being proactive with account planning
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate a patient and proactive approach in their dealings with previous key accounts. The expectation will not only be on account growth, but also account penetration and understanding. The Key Account Manager role at our client is one of the lynch pins of the organisation and where they have been primarily home-grown, this will be one of the few senior outside hires. Some traits and expectations are as follows:-
- An understanding of the value of these accounts to the business.
- Know how to behave in a commercial fashion balancing making money with client satisfaction
- Experience in planning, budgeting and strategy
- A high level of patience and be positive in the face of change.
- A strong team player - not always thinking about sales.
- Be able to show what good looks like
The successful candidate will attract a base salary between £50,000 and £60,000. There is a comms package on top as well as other benefits. The role will be based in Alton.