Managing Director (Construction Sector)
Our client is an established construction company that is based in Dorset, which employs experienced staff able to work to any remit. The business blends old-fashioned skills and craftsmanship with superior building materials and technology. The company’s focus is on the needs of its valued customers which are mainly based throughout Dorset and Hampshire, always promoting and adhering to the principles of providing great buildings to specification, on time and on-budget. The business is a Premier Guarantee contractor, holding NHBC accreditation as well as being a registered Considerate Constructor and member of The Building Safety Group.
Managing Director – UK (Bournemouth based)
Core Role & Responsibilities:
- Full P&L for the company
- Heavily involved with the workflow of the business, overseeing the management of estimates and tenders, carrying out and managing tender strategies and being the lead representative in tender interviews
- Cost value report analysis and assessment when presented by commercial staff
- Oversee project risk management / mitigation versus opportunity
- Build relationships with clients – Continual business optimisation, seeking opportunities and proactively and continually liaising with clients to maximise projects awarded
- Manage current procedures whilst reviewing and installing new in order for the business to compete at the next level
- Responsibility of raising the profile of the business within the industry by improved marketing and tender documents and delivery procedures
- Provide guidance to maximise design & build efforts, by utilising innovative systems that offer programme and commercial benefit
- Responsibility for recruiting, leading and developing management teams across the business
- Overall responsibility for the Health & Safety of all projects on portfolio.
Suitable candidates are likely to have the following background:
- Notable levels of senior leadership experience to date within construction/contracting companies
- Ideally a mix of quantity surveying, contract project management and business development experience
- What’s most important is that candidates have a commercial/surveying background – i.e. people must be able to estimate, relate to estimators and understand it
- Strong commercial acumen overall with the ability to carry out and manage tender strategies and be the lead representative in tender interviews
- Must have a proven track record of running multiple frameworks, one-off and repeat projects and maintaining an exceptional level of client satisfaction
- The chosen candidate would preferably have experience within residential, commercial, retail, refurbishment, fit out, healthcare, industrial and leisure sectors.
- Ideally, candidates will be locally based, know architects, planners and surveyors and have suitable networks
- Must be energetic, passionate, enthusiastic and able to manage the business
- Ideally (not a pre-requisite) candidates will have a BSc (Hons) Construction Management or Equivalent
- Suitable candidates will excel in their people management skills and have the ability to manage current procedures whilst reviewing and installing new in order for the business to compete at the next level
- A business that is stable and financially sound – doesn’t need fixing, just advancing i.e. could better perform with the right leader in place.
- Chance to become a Managing Director – high level of autonomy
- Be mentored and supported by the owners
- Strong and stable senior management team
If this opportunity is of interest, please email your CV to us. We will respond to suitable applicants ASAP.