Head of Business Insights
Adjacency is proud to partner Portman Dental Care in Cheltenham who, due to rapid and continued growth are recruiting for the newly created role of Head of Business Insights. With 90 dental practices across the UK and plans to grow at the rate of 40 new Practices a year, Portman are already the largest privately focused dental group in the UK. The core vision is to be the best private focused dental group in the world. With a working environment that is innovative, fast paced, dynamic and constantly changing this is an excellent opportunity to make your mark.
This is a leadership role to build and develop the use and delivery of business information and insight across Portman sourced from within their data rich environment.
As the Head of Business Insights your priority will be to gain understanding of the Group’s data sets, user needs and meet the requirement to build a structured warehouse environment. You will lead the review of product providers, solutions and tools and then recommend the ultimate choice and implementation of solutions to build the warehouse environment, reporting and visualisation tools.
Key elements of the role include:
- Co-ordinate the gathering of information across departments and functional teams to understand the current use of data and opportunities to enhance insight and future requirements
- Develop and deliver the operational business plan for the internal Data Group to meet agreed strategic objectives. This will include the creation of a structured definition and taxonomy of business data, together with the required technical and application infrastructure.
- Build strong relationships with key colleagues across departments and within the wider Group to be the ambassador for the use of data and insight within the Group
- Harness talent and develop capability within the team to both maximise each colleague’s potential and also their contribution to the Group’s activities
- Ensure the senior team including Executive and Operations board are kept fully and regularly briefed on all data related programmes and processes
- Ensure that all the data operations for the Group are handled within the relevant regulatory framework and develop and implement best practice for compliance
- Review current delivery routes for data reporting and scope and deliver enhanced methods to improve automation and enable efficient resource use
Experience and skills required:
- Used to working at a senior level within a data driven organisation
- Experience within the Dental Industry or a similar professional/healthcare organisation is desirable, however, experience of multisite, retail or other client facing industry will be considered
- Designing and delivering understandable insight from large and complex datasets
- Developing talent and capability within a team, working effectively and influencing in a matrix and group structure
- A strong knowledge of SQL, data warehousing techniques, ETL processes, data aggregation and visualisation tools and an excellent standard of computer literacy with ability to use key software packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate/advanced level.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to challenge constructively building collaborative relationships across a matrix structure
- Able to work autonomously but also a collaborative team player capable of delegating tasks effectively within the team with appropriate support
- Delivering multiple project streams requiring prioritisation and resource allocation
- Implementing and managing a governance structure for data use
- Adaptable and innovative, a problem solver able to drive change whilst working at pace
- Exercises sound judgement in decision making and demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- An excellent standard of both written and spoken English.
- Personal impact and presence - able to influence and recommend
- Is authentic as a leader in the business
- Possessing true ‘grit’, tenacity and drive you will be an articulate, straight talking and engaging communicator
Please note: any direct and third party applications will be sent to Adjacency for inclusion in the recruitment process.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.