Head of Finance & IT
- Key leadership role in a growing charity based in Pontypool
- Providing services for unpaid carers and people with care needs
About Our Client
Carers Trusts South East Wales is the leading provider of practical support for unpaid carers and those living with care needs in South East Wales. Affiliated to Carers Trust, we are an independent Welsh charity, meaning that we are able to be innovative and flexible in our mission to deliver high quality services and support to carers and those living with care needs.
Since beginning our journey as Crossroads Care South East Wales over 30 years ago, we have supported thousands of people by recognising the important role and contribution made by unpaid carers and by providing them with the right support so that they can live a life alongside caring.
Operational in 9 local authorities in South East Wales, we provide services and community projects to people of all ages which act as double value - not only providing care for a person with care needs but also respite for their carer wherever appropriate. This is done through our respite services, carers breaks, day centres, social centres, domiciliary care and support. We also run specialist services for young carers as well as people with dementia, provide mental health support and counselling to improve health and well-being, and run carers hubs to offer information, advice and assistance.
As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Head of Finance and IT will play an instrumental role in the leadership and sustainable growth of the organisation. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors and the Leadership Team the Head of Finance will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective management of the charities finances and IT to enable all teams to deliver quality services to carers and people with care needs.
The post will also oversee all finance, IT, and management information processes and manage the work of finance staff and corporate services team and will prepare management accounts, management information and other reports for the Board and leadership team.
As a member of the leadership team and using a value based leadership style, the Head of Finance & IT will:
- Create the right cultural conditions to foster excellent performance and innovation amongst our people.
- Ensure a focus on outcomes and customer service for carers and people with care needs.
- Develop effective partnerships both externally and internally, across the organisation.
Major Accountabilities include:
- The production of Monthly Management accounts specific to business requirements.
- Production of Year End Statutory Accounts.
- Full budget production for CTSEW.
- Forecasts with detailed variance analysis.
- Creation of Dashboards for Operational KPI's.
- Creation of Value added reports for the Board, CEO and other Service Managers.
- Lead, Motivate, Train and Develop members of the Finance team.
- Develop a proactive IT strategy and assist in periodic procurement reviews for hardware, software and IT support. Oversee the IT systems/contract to ensure that they remain fit-for-purpose and that service level agreements are appropriate, relevant and achieved in order to minimise disruption for users and to mitigate risk.
- Act as a lead for the effective maintenance, utilisation and development of key business applications e.g. Webroster (care management system), XERO and Sage Payroll, ensuring the efficient administration of those systems within the Finance and Corporate Services Teams.
- Work with the leadership team to provide analysis of the financial aspects of proposed strategic business developments.
- Contribute to business relationships with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the funding strategy for the organisation including the identification of new funding streams, including grants, and submission of funding applications.
- Work with colleagues on the preparation of costing and bids for new services, negotiating and tendering for these services.
- To support the Board of Directors and the CEO through attending Board Meetings where appropriate and take lead responsibility for the Finance and Audit Sub-Committee.
The Successful Applicant
An inspirational role requires an inspirational leader at the helm.
First and foremost, you will be a Professionally Qualified Accountant and hold a CCAB recognised qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA).
- Previous post qualification experience.
- Experience of leading and managing a finance team covering all aspects of transactional and reporting frameworks.
- Ability to prepare statutory required accounts, financial information, budgets, management reports and payroll.
- Ability to lead change.
- Excellent IT skills especially in Excel, databases, and financial management software e.g. XERO, SAGE Payroll.
- Keen attention to detail and high personal standards of work with good level of general administration skills.
- Be able to meet deadlines effectively.
- Excellent communicator who creates enthusiasm and buy in to CTSEW vision, mission and values.
- Must be able to lead/coach and motivate staff including addressing underperformance.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to think innovatively and to not accept the status quo.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to quickly and accurately assimilate and understand complex facts and figures and translate that into different formats.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, innovation and delivering value for money.
- Must demonstrate an ability to delegate and make decisions correctly and quickly.
- Experience of working in the charity/voluntary/public sector.
- Experience of managing outsourced services, in particular IT.
What's on Offer:
- Basic salary in the range of £42,000 - £44,000
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- Staff Welfare Activities
- Access to free, confidential, counselling support
Please note that all 3rd party CV's sent to Carers Trust South East Wales will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration.
Ref Code: MPFE13974858Z