WISH2ACTION Data Analyst
WISH2ACTION Data Analyst
International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
Fixed term to end August 2021
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is the leading global NGO in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). It is currently working in more than 170 countries in the world. The Africa Regional Office (IPPFARO) is one of IPPF’s six regional offices.
“Women’s Integrated Sexual Health” (WISH) is IPPFs new flagship health programme to transform the lives of millions of women and girls. Funded by DFID, WISH will provide integrated and holistic healthcare to 2.2m additional users of contraception across 16 countries in Africa and South Asia from 2018-2021.
Through a consortium of five internationally recognized organizations and 11 IPPF Member Associations led by IPPF, the WISH programme will provide a comprehensive, integrated approach to ensure equitable access to family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The programme will prioritize the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and marginalized populations (including people with disability, people displaced or affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas).
WISH2ACTION Data Analysts gather and integrate data from disparate sources to extract trends and business insights, working across the WISH2ACTION team and partners to identify and respond to analysis needs, ensuring the foundation of data required for a results-based funding programme, including quality, timeliness, accessibility and visualization of data.
Data Analysts are responsible for all aspects of performance and evaluation data analysis for the countries in their region, ensuring data are analyzed for performance monitoring, learning and evidence generation. Data Analysts work closely with the respective Head of Region and the W2A Technical Lead/M&E to ensure that data are available at all levels to support decision-making. Data Analysts coordinate closely with the WISH2ACTION finance team to support the analysis requirements of a results-based funding programme and liaise with key counterparts in IPPF Central and Regional Offices to ensure integration of programme data with IPPF institutional requirements.
- Conduct monthly data cleaning and reconciliation at partner/ country/ programme levels (identify data anomalies and systematically document explanation of all trends)
- Identify where rapid data quality assessments (RDQA) are indicated, conduct targeted implementation of RDQAs, and coordinate action plans to improve data quality
- Support field partners’ use of data platform through training and targeted capacity building efforts
- Lead monthly data review meetings with country teams, identifying, analyzing, interpreting and documenting trends or patterns in data sets
- Support quarterly meetings to review data trends and progress towards targets across the WISH2ACTION programme
- Support use of data visualizations across stakeholders at multiple levels to review progress against targets
- Support development of WISH2ACTION data collection and visualization platform
- Analyze data including additional users and other Key Performance Indicators for payment and other health impact estimates
- Map Service Delivery Points and service delivery trends with external data
- Liaise with WISH2ACTION team (including finance) to ensure all programme data analysis needs are met
- Develop tables, graphs and reporting materials as necessary for programme reports internal and external
- To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
- To become familiar with the Federation’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. To do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
- To undertake such other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
- The candidate must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in local and international context and demonstrate a willingness to sign and adhere to IPPF’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies
Education and Qualifications:
- BS in Health Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Being analytical, resourceful, organized, patient but persistent, detail- and solution-oriented, and able to tell the story behind raw data to non-technical audiences.
- Proven experience as a data analyst or business data analyst working across teams
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyses, and communicate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Ability to delve into data to discover discrepancies and patterns
- Experience presenting and explaining information in an accessible way
- Experience with supportive capacity-building approaches for field-based partners
- Proven skills in using Excel, DHIS2, Power BI
- Previous not-for-profit experience desirable
- International experience (particularly developing countries) desirable
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Skills in French, Arabic or Portuguese would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with people from different countries and cultures
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Willing to travel internationally up to 60 days a year
You will have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence and negotiate, strong leadership and stakeholder engagement skills, strong analytical and project management skills and be willing to travel internationally, about 60 days a year.
For further details, please visit our microsite – www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/ippf/pd-jd.php
Closing date for this role is 9am, Monday 14 January 2019.