Head of Business Transformation
Our Huddersfield based client has embarked on an exciting period of change and is now looking to recruit a talented Head of Business Transformation to support the senior leadership team to deliver a range of strategic operational and business-focussed projects and programmes.
Our client is a UK market leading organisation. They are one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for and are also an Investor in People.
Our client is looking to recruit a high calibre Head of Business Transformation to support the Executive in developing and delivering a transformation programme plan to launch and successfully deliver a portfolio of operational and business projects, with a real focus on ensuring that the organisation realises benefits through increased productivity and efficiency. The Head of Business Transformation will help build internal capability to deliver a range of projects; providing a governance structure, championing change and implementing project management disciplines to ensure that the business is best placed to deliver a strong customer experience as it grows and diversifies into new markets.
As the Head of Business Transformation, you will own and direct the execution of projects and planning activities and will be accountable for implementing an effective business change framework, along with the creation of a Programme Management office; providing programme oversight, guidance and leadership.
The Head of Business Transformation will:
- Lead on the effective delivery of a programme of transformational change, with specific focus on supporting the Executive in the implementation of agreed programmes of change to maximise impact and enable the business to scale up;
- Build, maintain and lead a strong, effective and high performing change and project team, ensuring the efficient allocation of resources and skills;
- Drive stakeholder engagement, management and communications;
- Monitor and report overall progress, including managing exceptions, slippage and issues of priority and initiate corrective actions, as appropriate;
- Be responsible for the formal initiation of projects with appropriate sponsorship;
- Be accountable for co-coordinating activities and inter-dependencies, managing risk and ensuring a holistic view is taken;
- Ensure that financial controls are maintained throughout.
To be successful in your application, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level;
- Experience of developing and successfully delivering transformational change programmes;
- Proven background in Finance and / or ability to demonstrate the importance of financial control;
- Strong understanding of technology projects;
- Proven track record of delivering small and large scale technology-enabled and non-technology enabled business change projects;
- Successful track record of building and leading a Programme Management Office with the capability to plan and actively deliver tangible results;
- Proven ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels (including Board level);
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and coach others as well as able to work on own initiative;
- Strong at financial control, process management and programme governance;
- Proven ability to work across the IT function;
- Commercially astute.
£70k + Car Allowance + 20% bonus + Benefits
Opportunity for some flexible working
Based on the outskirts of Huddersfield.
Closing Date: 25th January 2019