Salary: up to £110,000 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus benefits
Location: Hertford, Peterborough or Lincoln - with travel to each location
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation! Serco is on a journey towards sustainable growth and our Strategic Partnerships contract has the objective to be citizen centred and outcome focussed!
We are currently going through a period of transformation and growth and we are looking to recruit a top-flight, talented and ambitious IT Director. Our objective is to position our Strategic Partnerships service to ensure we are equipped for the Digital Age and this a key role in ensuring our success.
About the Role:
As an instrumental member of the UK&E IT function, the IT Director for Strategic Partnerships will have a critical role in the strategic management and development of the delivery of IT across the Strategic Partnerships (Hertfordshire County Council, Lincolnshire County Council, and Peterborough City Council). You will achieve this by ensuring that the Strategic Partnerships can meet the current and future needs of our customers by:
- Operating and maintaining a single IT delivery model, providing mission critical services to three discrete IT outsource contracts and maximising economies of scale and scope.
- Leveraging our wider IT Services capability and ensuring Serco delivers against its contractual obligations
- Add value to clients and develop opportunities for efficiencies / growth
- Provide customers with a senior IT lead and support them with developing their IT strategies.
- Identifying opportunities for developing our business within existing Strategic Partnerships.
- Develop a strategy that leverages the capabilities of a shared service, rationalising the delivery model and simplifying the way that IT is delivered.
- Identifying and deliver efficiency / increased margin through fit for purpose IT services.
- Reducing the total cost of IT across the Strategic Partnerships
If you are an experienced IT Director then we want to hear from you! We do ask that you have a strong operational IT background with IT Service Delivery at your core, preferably operating under SIAM models.
We are particularly keen to hear from those who have a good understanding of the local government sector and/or experience of working in a outsource technology environment.
A natural leader, you will have extensive experience at managing, motivating, upskilling, developing and recruiting high calibre employees into a large, flexibly resourced people environment. Having a high personal impact you will have advanced relationship skills your approach will demonstrate the capability of forging positive relations with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders.
Our success is a reflection of our people and that is why it's important that we reward our employees, to say thank you for the commitment to Serco. One of the ways we do this is by providing a wide range of core and voluntary employee benefits to help employees do more with their money.Not only will you benefit from a competitive salary but you will also be provided with a com...