Head of Treasury
Hampden & Co was founded by an experienced team of bankers, and became the first new private bank in over a quarter of a century when it opened in 2015. The bank offers clients a personal, professional banking service and is re-establishing the relationship that always existed between banker and client. The bank has been built on four key principles, providing exceptional service, focusing purely on banking, collaborating with other professional advisers, and creating a service-centred culture.
With a vision to be the most respected Private Bank in the UK, Hampden & Co was designed to be a bank of which clients, shareholders and employees could be proud. Today, we work across the UK providing professional, face-to-face banking expertise to help clients, their families and their businesses. Hampden & Co received the “Private Bank of the Year (UK)” award at the prestigious Spears Wealth Management awards in November 2018.
The Head of Treasury is a key appointment in our continued growth and will be responsible for setting the direction and strategy of the Treasury function. Given the context, the role will also have the scope for significant impact on the broader business and its development.
Working closely with the Finance Director and leading a small Treasury team, specific areas of focus include efficiently managing the Bank’s liquidity, funding and risk within the approved policies, FX, procedures and product parameters. This is a strategic treasury management role which will work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders. It is underpinned by ensuring robust Treasury operations, controls, risk assessment and staff development.
The ideal candidate for the role will have:
- An appropriate Treasury qualification
- Led and developed a team, with an affirming and positive style
- Experience of working in Financial Services in Treasury or Market & Liquidity Risk
- A good knowledge and understanding of treasury financial instruments, fixed income securities, derivatives, foreign exchange and money markets, and risk management concepts
- A clear vision and a highly effective communication style
- Presence and authority, along with a sense of balance
- The credibility to operate at Board level, and the flexibility to be hands-on where required
- Inspiring values, a passion for the business, whilst being astute and pragmatic
More than just a highly competitive salary, is the opportunity to join a high quality management team in an exciting business where the potential for impact is significant.