Managing Director – Luxury Consumer Goods
Our client is a leading supplier of high-quality consumer products. It sells through a network of specialised retail outlets (both owned and wholesale markets) and is adopting an omni-channel approach to marketing. With a turnover on the way to £100m, it is profitable and growing. Its approach is all about “best in class customer experience”.
The business is looking to recruit a high-calibre Managing Director to join an effective management team and guide the business through its next stage of growth and corporate evolution.
This is a hands-on role where you will be involved in all areas of the business, coordinating the team from the front, to continue the growth and maintain an entrepreneurial culture and passion within the business which relies on a strong team oriented culture for its success.
- Leading the board and reporting to shareholders, you will be responsible for strategic and operational aspects of the business and capable of delivering above plan performance.
- Help plan and realise the next stage in the business’s corporate evolution.
- Co-ordinate sales growth and expansion across all channels, implementing business strategy and targets to ensure that growth plans are achieved.
- Coach, motivate and provide encouragement, supporting their professional development in order that they can realise their full potential.
- Nurture internal and external networks to ensure positive and collaborative relationships supportive of the business.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement – encouraging colleagues to challenge the status-quo and find ways of supporting the commercial objectives of the business.
- Experience in a senior managerial position Sales and/or General Management from within consumer and retail oriented businesses.
- A track record of directing, driving and overseeing business growth. Someone with good commercial acumen and possessing a strong intellect.
- A true focus on delivering “best in class customer experience” to create sales growth.
- Good knowledge and connections within the retail and services sector in UK.
- Strong team and relationship management skills.
- Ability to initiate changes, to take responsibility and work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills, ability to initiate change and negotiate with a broad range of customer types.
This is viewed as a long-term appointment whereby the job-holder will lead the company forward as it continues to grow. In addition to an excellent basic salary, both short and long term incentives will be put in place to reward success.