We are currently working with a well-established family owned construction manufacture business based in Horsham. This company has a fantastic reputation for looking after and rewarding staff, creating an environment for staff to progress.
The company is very well positioned for rapid growth and has ambitious but realistic growth plans to increase current turnover from approximately £15million to over £50million by 2025.
This position is integral to the success of achieving these goals.
This is a great opportunity to help grow the business and the successful applicant can expect significant reward for their efforts and huge amounts of career progression, potentially taking ownership of the whole commercial operations and sales functions.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Director to lead the operational aspects of the projects & technical operations team for their largest division which turns over £10m per annum. You will also be directly responsible for managing a team of 10.
This role will deliver operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to enable projects to be completed on time and to budget.
- To ensure that the performance of projects & technical team is efficient effective & delivered in budget
- Provide effective leadership to the team - managing, coaching & monitoring line managers by being in regular contact with each area, with clear reporting to the company CEO
- Drive rapid and consistent continuous improvements to ensure they are always delivering projects on time and in full
- Develop and set service level agreements with suppliers and support the team with any supplier challenged
- Be responsible for living and driving a passion for service excellence and encouraging behaviours inline with company values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty and Respect
- Previous Operations Director or Senior Operations Manager experience is essential
- Someone that has been involved in the growth of a manufacturing Company is essential
- Excellent commercial acumen and able to effectively maintain a healthy margin on projects while still delivering a first-rate service level
- Proven people manager with a track record of creating and maintaining high performing teams
- Previous experience with a specialist sub-contractor, preferably a façade, building envelope or external building systems business is desirable - not essential!
- Salary circa £85,000 (negotiable DOE)
- Bonus based on company performance and team KPIs
- Car allowance
- Phone and Laptop
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays + option to buy additional 5 days
- Free lunch every day and breakfast on a Friday
- Free to use Gym onsite
- Free onsite parking