Director of Highways
4 days left
Our client is the highways contracting division of a £1bn+ construction services group. Following a strategic restructure, the group has consolidated all of their regional highways contracting activity into one central business. By channeling their knowledge, expertise and resources, together with some strategic M&A activity in the pipeline, this business is now targeting a significant increase in market share within the highways sector.
For this business critical appointment, we are seeking candidates already well respected in the highways contracting market. They should have a strong reputation for the winning and profitable delivery of complex schemes. They should also bring established relationships with both central and regional highways clients.
The Director of Highways will be accountable for engaging with the group exec in developing, aligning and implementing their growth strategy. Presenting an ideal opportunity to demonstrate their candidacy as part of a succession plan to the divisional Managing Director.
To be considered, it is essential that you:
- Have held P&L accountability as a highways business director for a sustained period, where you can demonstrate profitable growth as a result of your effective strategy and strong leadership
- Bring a health & safety mindset, familiar with the restrictions and expectations of working in highways
- Can demonstrate knowledge of opportunities, decision makers and the business drivers necessary to secure framework opportunities in highways
- Have worked within a credible highways sector contractor where you have delivered a portfolio of civil engineering, lighting, maintenance or other highways related service contracts - safely, to programme, on budget and to the required standards
- Are highly ambitious, with the gravitas, influencing skills and potential to lead significant growth of the highways business and ultimately earn a position on the group executive board
If you are confident you satisfy all of the above requirements, we would like to hear from you. In the first instance, please apply with your C.V. quoting reference V336 by clicking "Apply" Alternatively contact Richard Woods for a preliminary discussion: tel 08443 356 170, mob 07767 898 265.
Apply for Director of Highways
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly