Chief Operations Officer (COO) - IoT, M2M, Satellite Communications
Who we are recruiting for
Our client is a company that provides managed services to securely transfer data worldwide and is an expert in IoT and M2M Telemetry. It supplies its clients with Wireless & Satellite data communications, low data rate SCADA and high-speed internet satellite bandwidth.
M2M technology is being extensively adopted by various industry verticals for purposes such as the digitalization of work and monitoring assets, which has increased the demand of this technology. It is currently being widely used for communication that has encouraged satellite providers to integrate M2M technology within satellite systems.
Our clients solutions provide end to end connectivity solutions that allow their customers to transport data from anywhere in the world securely and efficiently. Their extensive expertise in wireless communication allows them to offer their customers the right solution for any situation.
What you’ll be doing
A COO is now required to help maximise the growth opportunities for this high growth tech company. As a member of the Board the role will help maximise the use of their secured external development capital across their UK and international operations.
The COO will lead the daily operations of the business ensuring increases in efficiency and effectiveness are achieved to underpin growth and performance through effective planning across service management, billing and technical/engineering operations.
The COO will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of strategic plans to support growth opportunities.
- Ensure performance is maximised across the operation setting standards for the use of people and resources while creating a culture of achievement
- Integrate acquisitions into the business delivering against planned synergies and technical effectiveness
- Upgrading the billing platform – scope requirements, lead RFI exercise, manage tender process, identify provider and secure implementation
What we’ll be looking for:
- An extensive grounding in operational people management and leadership in the Telco, Technology or Software sector. You’ll be used to leading multi-site global teams of technical/engineering specialists.
- Strong business management skills and analytical approach with experience of budget management, project delivery, ability to analyse financials, understand legal nuances and improve productivity
- Your experience will clearly demonstrate your ability to support high growth businesses achieve their full potential through devising and delivering operational plans.
- You’ll have experience of leading M&A activity and then concluding successful integration activities delivering returns on the investment.
- You may have worked in private equity funded businesses or in divisional director roles for larger corporates. Either way, you’ll have played a key role in strategy creation and execution.
How you’ll like to operate:
- Self starter and the independent thinker
- Delivering with energy and enthusiasm
- Welcome complex challenges that need solving in a global operation
- Being assertive and persistent – ensuring the right things are prioritised and delivered
- Happy to “roll your sleeves up” and work with the “techies” and broader operation
Further information on location: Headquartered in the South West of the UK, this opportunity will see the successful candidate needing to commit a substantial amount of time there. Extensive travel to North America is also expected. With growth and expansion plans in the Far East travel to that part of the world can also be expected.