Global Logistics Senior Manager
- An opportunity to join a NASDAQ Listed technology and consumer goods company
- A global logistics opportunity
About Our Client
An opportunity has arisen for a Global Logistics Senior Manager to join a NASDAQ listed technology & consumer goods company called iRobot. Founded in 1990 by Massachusetts of Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality, iRobot designs and builds robots that empower people to do more both inside and outside of the home.
Since the introduction of its Roomba® robot vacuum in 2002, iRobot has sold more than 20 million robots and become the leading global consumer robot company. iRobot's product line, including the Roomba and the Braava™ family of robot mops, feature proprietary technologies and advanced concepts in cleaning, mapping and navigation.
iRobot has developed some of the world's most important robots, and has a rich history steeped in innovation. Its robots have also revealed mysteries of the Great Pyramid of Giza, found harmful subsea oil in the Gulf of Mexico, and saved thousands of lives in areas of conflict and crisis around the globe. iRobot inspired the first Micro Rovers used by NASA, deployed the first ground robots for defence and security personnel, and brought the first self-navigating FDA-approved remote presence robots to hospitals.
Now focused on the consumer market, iRobot generated $884 million in revenue in 2017 (+34%) and employs more than 900 of the robot industry's top professionals. The EMEA operation, headquartered in London, UK, is a key strategic region for iRobot. EMEA serves as iRobot's second largest regional market, where it has established a uniquely strong brand equity, leading to a segment share of ~70%. A large contributor to the EMEA region's success has been its employee base (130+) located in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands and Portugal.
It is important that anyone considering joining the organisation can embrace its unique culture, which very much defines the business and how it operates: build cool stuff, deliver great product, make money, have fun and change the world.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Massachusetts, USA, with additional offices located throughout the USA, Europe and Asia. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
The Global Logistics Senior Manager will guide and support the iRobot commercial regions with the operational support of the order-to-delivery process. Based in London you will provide a forum for Regional Leads to collaborate, share best practices, and drive continuous performance improvements. You will lead those activities which cut across multiple regions and for which there is inherent benefit to central leadership. Reporting to the senior Directorate you will work closely with corporate peers in the functional areas related to global trade compliance, royalties, the procurement process, network changes, audit plans and adherence to other regulations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the iRobot logistics function - Warehousing, Transportation (in-bound and out-bound freight), Global Trade Compliance (export & Import), Dangerous goods transportation compliance and order fulfilment.
- Guide the Regional Product Supply Leads to collaborate, manage customer requirements, prioritise potential IT enhancements, share best practices, establish KPI's, share success stories and establish disaster recovery plans.
- Lead and support the negotiation of Logistics contracts globally using a global template, to align risk and responsibility and assure that iRobot's Standards of Care are included - floor storage of pallets, temperature control, fire protection, etc. Provide sufficient and reliable volume estimates during the bid process to lower the risk for third party logistics services providers associated with bidding on iRobot's volumes.
- Lead the purchase of international inbound Air and Ocean transportation to leverage the scope of such services globally, assuring capacity for peak seasons and pricing appropriate to the projected and historic volumes. Monitor fuel prices to provide early information on trends and costs to Regions.
- Provide the regions with leadership related to Global Trade Compliance for import and export. In alignment with the World Trade Organisations standards, lead or support the determination of Harmonise Tariff Schedules (HTS) and the correct product valuation.
- Lead the use of service and cost-based measures as well as appropriate tools or services to determine optimal placement of distribution centres globally to achieve the most efficient supply network and minimise the future risk associated with moving established warehouse operations.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to determine an annual priority list of processes and or facilities which should be considered for Internal Audit assessment. Drive inventory management practices like cycle counts to obtain external auditors agreements to avoid quarter-end or year-end unit counts.
- Ensure that each region has an appropriately trained process owner for the Dangerous Goods Transportation process. Act as Subject Matter expert in International Air and Ocean transportation of Dangerous Goods.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Global Logistics Senior Manager will be an individual contributor as the logistics expert and will be comfortable in working in a collaborative manner. Living within a commuting distance of London, you will also be required to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience in related international warehousing, transportation, global trade compliance, import & export, HTS rulings and order fulfilment.
- Specific experience in driving exceptional performance from global third-party Logistics services providers.
- A collaborative leadership style with a track record of problem solving.
- Strong analytical, organisational, decision making and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all global teams.
- A related Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree is desirable.
- International travel is required.
What's on Offer
The successful Global Logistics Senior Manager will be offered a competitive basic salary along with the following benefits:
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday
- 4x your basic salary for death in service
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Personal Pension plan matched up to 6%
- Accident Insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike to work scheme
- Global Travel Care
Ref Code: MPFE13974587Z