Configuration Management Engineer
This is a permanent position, calling for significant experience of change and configuration management within a complex and large scale environment.
You will be placed on assignment based in Darmstadt, Germany for several years. Candidates should be available to start in early 2019 and must already be qualified to work in Germany as it will not be possible to achieve a work permit for this role.
Our client is responsible for establishing and operating weather forecasting and Earth observation satellite programmes with associated data telemetry and dissemination operations. Vast quantities of data are produced and user communities throughout the world are able to access both current and historical data sets. The demanding Real Time environment places much emphasis on adherence to quality and configuration management standards and procedures.
The main working language is English.
The role will embrace:
- Recording documents, software and hardware items to be under configuration control and contributing to the release of change and configuration reports
- Organising Anomaly and Change/Configuration Control Board meetings
- Actioning anomaly and change processes
- Actioning software, hardware and document deployments on controlled systems and facilities
- Actioning verification/validation test reports on controlled systems and facilities
- Maintaining a CM database by identifying, relating and tracking versions of hardware and software items and documentation
- Verifying hardware and software configuration status via configuration audits and inspections
- Contributing to project and programme reviews of change and configuration management
- Contributing to the advertisement and continuous improvement of CM processes
- Contributing to training users and stakeholders
- Contributing to the specification and production of CM metrics and performing admin tasks on a CM tool
- Attending coordination meetings, and reporting on the progress of assigned actions
The key experience and attributes sought are:
- Solid experience of change and configuration management activities applied to large scale software-centred systems in a development or operational environment, preferably for high-availability environments such as processing/production chains, data centres or satellite systems
- Knowledge of a configuration management, quality assurance or project management standard (e.g. ISO, ITIL, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI)
- Knowledge of a change and configuration management tool such as Serena Dimensions CM, Jira, ClearCase, Remedy, SBM
- Experience of software programming
- Experience of providing training sessions to users and stakeholders
Knowledge of some of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of European or International space projects
- Administration of a change and configuration management or a business process tool
- SQL programming
- Use of a Scripting language such as Perl, python or VB.NET
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools
Candidates should possess a University degree or equivalent. Fluency in English is essential.
Pactum was established in 1988 and provides space system services and recruitment consultancy to clients throughout the UK and across continental Europe.