Interim Security Specialist
A 6 month interim contract with HMG.
This role is based in the Departmental Security Unit.
You will be working as part of a team dealing with physical security and incident management, personnel security, business continuity, travel security, security breach recording and investigating and security capability and training.
You should also have some understanding of physical security issues, although this will not be the principle focus of the role.
You will be required to build professional and supportive relationships across the department, to facilitate the development of an effective security culture. You should therefore be proactive and customer focused. You will have the confidence to challenge and test assumptions, helping ensure that security processes and plans are practical and resilient.
- Reviewing, updating and drafting security process documents
- Delivering travel briefings/de-briefings to staff travelling to high risk countries
- Delivering security inductions to new staff members
- Interviewing staff on security matters
- Working with the Divisional Security Coordinators network to deliver security messages and help document breaches
- Professionalism – you should be acknowledged as a professional in this field, and would be expected to pursue continuous professional development in order to maintain an up to date knowledge.
- Compliance – from time to time there will be audits of the security capability of the Department. You will lead on the response to such compliance checks.
- Responding to requests for information – you should maintain appropriate metrics of the training and briefings you have given. You should be prepared to present and explain these metrics to various management committees. The precise form and content of metrics will need to be adjusted to suit the message and the audience, and will change over time. You should be prepared to answer PQs and Freedom of Information requests on this area.
- Support Physical security – you should be prepared to support colleagues working on other areas of security, in particular physical security.
- The role is part of the Security Profession, so applicants would be expected to have experience of working in the security function of a large organisation.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills will be needed, as the job holder will be called upon to write process documents and present to a wide range of staff from senior briefings to all staff updates.
- The job holder should have strong communication skills, and previous experience of influencing key stakeholders in large organisations.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Somebody who can engage positively and passionately with senior stakeholders, providing a clear message
- Confident when engaging with, or influencing stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Someone who conveys a clear sense of purpose and direction
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Able to identify the implication for the Department of various eventualities, and so prioritise effectively
- Someone who can ensure that all relevant issues are effectively fed into the strategy
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Able to collaborate at all levels, sharing information appropriately and building supportive trusting professional relationships
- Able to work in a small team, where learning from each other and continuous improvement are key
- Experience of security in Government
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Excel
£450 day rate
Apply for Interim Security Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly