UKGI Non-Executive Director
UK Government Investments (UKGI) is the government’s centre of excellence in corporate finance and corporate governance. The organisation works across government on some of its most interesting and complex commercial and financial tasks. It is responsible for promoting good governance of publicly owned businesses, supporting the government's private sector interventions and delivering orderly transactions that generate value for money.
We are looking for a Non-Executive Director to join our Board. The Board provides strategic direction and ensures UKGI is equipped to perform its functions, including having sufficient resourcing and a suitable organisational structure. The Board also enables effective arrangements to be put in place to provide assurance on risk management, governance and internal control.
You will play a key role in helping the organisation to achieve its objectives by providing independent oversight and constructive scrutiny and challenge to the executive management team.
The successful applicant will be required to make informed decisions and effectively monitor the leadership team’s performance in delivering UKGI’s strategy. You will be expected to perform the duties diligently and to a standard commensurate with the requirements of the role.
- Substantial commercial experience gained at the executive management level of a major corporation preferably working in the Infrastructure, Energy, Defence or Transport sectors
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with government departments and senior officials
- Relevant Non-Executive Director or Chair experience ideally of a listed company or other major corporation
- Strong financial acumen with experience of Merger and Acquisitions and/or transactions
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Capable of influencing and working collaboratively
- Able to command the respect of fellow Board members and the executive management team
- An ethical leader whose ambitions are aligned with the organisation’s values and mission.
- Must not have strong political affiliations
To apply, please go click "Apply".
UKGI is interested in applications from diverse candidates.