Deputy Director of Finance
The University of Dundee is an extraordinary university. Teaching and Research at the university is genuinely transforming lives, both here in Dundee and around the world. The university has grown to be a richly diverse and international community, with around 150 countries represented amongst our staff, students and alumni. In addition, the university has become a potent force for economic, social and cultural development in Dundee and the surrounding area, helping create new industries such as the biosciences sector and sparking the idea to bring the V&A to Dundee’s waterfront to establish the UK’s first Museum of Design outside London.
Ambitions for the years to come are to become Scotland’s leading university and the strategy towards 2022, emphasises the fact that Dundee will be a high-performance community.
The University of Dundee is looking to appoint an exceptional Deputy Director of Finance.
Key accountabilities include:
- To lead the overall operational management of Finance, ensuring integration of process, policy, proactive and people
- To position Finance as a strategic, business-focussed professional service, delivering the highest standard of professional advice, financial integrity and effective stewardship
- To lead, motivate and manage the Finance team (85 in team with 6 direct reports)
- To build capability within the Finance team appropriate to the University’s ambition to be the leading university in Scotland
- To deputise for the Director of Finance in their absence and as a delegated professional finance lead
We are looking for candidates who have held senior financial leadership roles within comparably large and complex organisations. Higher Education and/or international experience would be useful but is not essential and we welcome applications from all sectors. A proven track record of delivery and a solutions-focussed approach combined with visible and clear leadership ability are highly desirable.
The Deputy Director of Finance will build effective relationships with senior managers across the organisation and will, along with the Director of Finance, build a collaborative, supportive finance function with a strong business focus. Your commercial and business-focused approach will be accompanied by demonstrable empathy for the University’s mission, core purpose and values driven culture.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland by Thursday 31st January. You can download a full candidate brochure at www.fwbparkbrown.com