IT Procurement Category Manager
My client is undertaking a business wide transformation and so we are seeking a commercially minded and highly motivated and experienced IT Category Manager who has substantial experience and knowledge in procuring all elements of IT.
- The role will involve managing all elements of procurement for IT, which will include hardware, software, professional services and licensing.
- Key projects in support of the transformation programme will include CRM, ERP, telephony, and various hardware and software implementation services
- You will provide advice and guidance to ensure procurement services are compliant, effective, and provide best possible value – working in an effective and economical way to achieve value for money.
- You will work in collaboration with stakeholders, initiating and maintaining relationships with critical suppliers, negotiating contracts/agreements and undertaking key sourcing and tendering exercises.
- You will be required to maintain awareness of risk management for supply contracts that are of significant value and/or represent strategic supply chains
The successful candidate will have extensive experience within Public Sector utilising OJEU, frameworks and other routes to market.
The candidate will also ideally have the following:
- Educated to degree level or above
- An extensive history of delivering IT related procurement.
- Prince 2 or similar project management qualification
- Substantial negotiation and influencing skills
- Procurement experience within the housing sector
- Experience of complex and high value Public Sector IT procurements
- Experience of working alongside a care/support business and other diversified activities within the housing/not-for-profit sector.
- ITIL qualified and/or a good working knowledge of IT service management
If you are interested in this opportunity to be part of an IT Procurement Transformation, then please get in touch at 0203 0319639.