Head of Stock & Logistics
3 days left
- Head of Stock & Logistics - Events Company - Gloucester
- Great opportunity to create and lead an exciting brand new team
My Client is a growing Events company based within the Logistics Distribution and supply chain sector who are based in Gloucester.
- Identify effective commercial routes to market for chosen products. Including Support requirements, challenging price/kickbacks/poor supply/inconsistent paper trails etc.
- Make recommendations for developing the product category and strategy, create a competitive core range of products;
- Deliver and report on performance against agreed targets/KPI's/budgets on a regular basis including annual sales, profit and supplier income for assigned categories;
- Identify, assess and consolidated supplier base for current requirements whilst building relationships to improve quality, service and costs for the future
- Maintain detailed analyses of key accounts, working in close liaison with Finance and Sales, tracking targets and thresholds in line with contracts
- Monitor supplier performance, undertaking audits as required, and resolve any non-conformance issues;
- Undertake the procurement of selected products to achieve a high level of profit for the company and quality for our customers;
- Support sales including tender submissions in sourcing and providing competitive cost prices for new and/or substitute products;
- Develop training plans with staffing team/HR to ensure staff are upskilled, to drive product quality and consistency is maximised
- Ensure group policy and procedures are maintained through team
- Manage overall process of stock & logistics while on site at events & at HQ
- Keep abreast of industry news and developments and identify both challenges and opportunities that may play a role in the future of the business
- Maintain accurate records of all agreements and transactions, ensuring departmental systems and procedures are adhered to, and contribute to the development of all processes
The successful Head of Stock & Logistics will be commutable to Gloucester
- Previous experience of working with drinks stock - preferably within festivals & events;
- A good level of product knowledge and industry understanding;
- Good numeracy and literacy ability. Fully IT literate;
- Capable of using Excel at Intermediate/advanced level
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships;
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement;
- Comfortable working under pressure in a competitive market place to gain market advantage.
- Good commercial knowledge
- Ability to analyse data to advise on business strategy & development
- Warehouse management experience
- Good working knowledge of SAGE system & stock monitoring ability
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, Inc. managing performance, coaching and handling/resolving conflict.
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage all members of the stock team effectively;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and build effective team relationships.
For the Head of Stock & Logistics you will receive a salary of c£50,000 - £55,000 + 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, 10% Bonus.