1 day left
Our client is a well-established distribution business based in Somerset, servicing the South and South West of England. The business has grown over recent years both organically and through acquisition, servicing a range of customers from multiple depots based across the South West.
As a result of the company’s ongoing success, there is a requirement to appoint a Financial Controller to the business. The successful appointee will be responsible for leading the finance function, implementing and streamlining processes and systems across the multiple sites.
The Financial Controller oversees the day to day activities of the Finance team of five and ensures the company finance function is organised, efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
- Management of the finance function and leading the finance team
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Preparation of monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Financial modelling and analysis for the annual planning cycle
- Cash management and treasury duties
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained with accountability for all functional KPIs
- Overseeing the Payroll process
- Preparation of VAT returns and overseeing all Company Filing
- Engage with external bodies and suppliers appropriate to the role e.g. company auditors
It is envisaged that candidates will have professional financial qualifications as a Certified or Chartered accountant.
Candidates will have had experience of working in a fast moving, highly transactional business, where their role will have given them broad, hands on accounting/financial management experience.
Candidates will ideally have had a proven track record of working within growing businesses, ideally businesses with high numbers of customers operating a high volume/low value model.
- Drive, enthusiasm and able to work on their own initiative
- Maturity and professionalism
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Demonstrates a meticulous, detail orientated and diligent work ethic
- Impact and influence
- Breakthrough thinking
- The ability to build trust amongst colleagues.
- The ability to influence and motivate at all levels.
- Conceptual with an ability to learn quickly
- A strong communicator with sound presentation skills.
- A smart, credible individual who approaches work with a high degree of integrity.
- A team orientated and solutions orientated person.
- An ability to deal at all levels.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly