This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful, Innovative and entrepreneurial company as Finance Director at an exciting time of change and international expansion. This engineering and services company, with turnover of c£60m, wish to recruit a pro-active and driven Finance Director to play a major role ensuring that the group meets its’ future objectives.
Reporting to the CEO your remit as Finance Director will include the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, governance and control ensuring that the business meets its’ strategic, operational and regulatory objectives
- To play a pro-active board role driving business performance, reporting excellence and continuous improvement across finance, procurement and IT functions
- Develop and deliver strategies with the board to ensure robust sustainable growth all across all operating business and regions (UK, USA, India and China) whilst ensuring the highest levels of financial integrity and transparency to the shareholders, auditors and stakeholders
- Lead the Financial Planning and Budgeting process that will meet the commercial growth objectives whilst ensuring potential risks are assessed and mitigated
- Stringent cash flow and working capital management including bank relationship management
- Development of people, processes and systems
- Statutory reporting and Tax returns including external relationship management with regulatory bodies
- Ownership and delivery of projects aligned to short, medium and long term objectives
We seek applications from suitably qualified accountants (ACA or equivalent) with an exceptional track record to date and demonstrable experience of driving change and performance improvement. The following experience and attributes are essential:
- CCAB qualified with experience of working at a senior level (FC / FD) within an SME or division of a larger group
- Exceptional financial control and reporting skills – able to present meaningful, accurate and insightful financial data to senior stakeholders
- The ability to influence, challenge and add value across all business functions.
- Experience of leading and developing a high performing team – ideally across several functions in addition to finance
- Strong analytical, strategy and planning skills
- Demonstrable energy, agility and drive to excel on a personal and business performance level
- An innovate an visionary style balanced with a pragmatic approach.
- A self-starter and target focused with a high degree of ownership / accountability.
- Great stakeholder relationship management capability – ability to present information in a concise and compelling manner that will provide confidence to the board and shareholders that decisions are based on accurate data
The company will offer a highly competitive six figure overall package including a bonus linked to personal and business performance and a genuine opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the business. To apply please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.