Head of Finance
- One of the largest grant-making foundations in the UK
- Lead the finance team of 6
About Our Client
Paul Hamlyn Foundation (PHF) is one of the largest independent grant-making organisations in the UK and also work in India. PHF helps people overcome disadvantage and lack of opportunity, so that they can realise their potential and enjoy fulfilling and creative lives. The Foundation has a particular interest in supporting young people and a strong belief in the importance of the arts.
This exciting new role will head up the Finance Team and work closely with the Foundation's Chief Operating Officer. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of 6 staff committed to delivering excellent finance operations for PHF's grant-making activity (c£33m pa) as well as overseeing accounting for a diverse portfolio of investments which make up the Foundation's endowment of circa £800m.
The team is part of a larger finance and resources team covering IT, HR, facilities and governance responsibilities for the organisation. Based just a few minutes' walk from King's Cross within light and airy offices that provide a high quality and comfortable working environment, the role comes with many employee benefits including the possibility of flexible working.
- Lead on all financial management and reporting, including year-end accounts and budgeting
- Work closely with internal budget holders, business partnering with them to aid decision making
- Oversee all systems and processes in place in the finance team and ensure these are fit for purpose. New IT systems are planned and there is an exciting opportunity to lead on the implementation of these
- Oversee the accounting process for the investment portfolio working very closely with the investments team and external investment advisors
- Lead on cash management, including the flow of cash for investments
- Leading the finance team and providing financial leadership for the organisation more generally
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with strong experience in financial and management accounting and overall organisational financial management. Ideally this will be within the not-for-profit sector, but all backgrounds will be considered. In addition, you will have a keen interest in the designing, developing and implementing approaches to finance tasks.
A collaborative leadership style where you can communicate effectively and work with your team to get things done as a collective is required for this role and you will need to demonstrate this at all stages of the interview process.
Knowledge of investment accounting and experience of working with investment funds would be an added advantage but is not essential.
What's on Offer:
- Salary - £57,000 to £60,000
- Pension 10%
- 25 days annual leave
- Medical, health, life insurance
- Flexible working available
Ref Code: MPFE13966992Z